Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This virus would be far more interesting and disruptive if it killed young healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    fro weeks blubbing like a girlchild whose had her barbie confiscated. Didn't see much stoicism from you.

How is it by the way?
    It's alright at the moment thanks. Next check in May, by which time we might all be dead I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's alright at the moment thanks. Next check in May, by which time we might all be dead I suppose.
    Well good luck and stiff upper lip old chap. If the doctor has to break terrible news just remember it's far harder for him that it is for you. You are an Englishman (sort of) with a depthless reservoir of spunk and phlegm. He is probably a small, greasy asian with none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well good luck and stiff upper lip old chap. If the doctor has to break terrible news just remember it's far harder for him that it is for you. You are an Englishman (sort of) with a depthless reservoir of spunk and phlegm. He is probably a small, greasy asian with none of that.
    Remarkably, he is a fine, old-school English gentleman. He has taken something of a shine to me and chats about his divorce and his grandson, who has been landed with the moniker 'Buddyhugs California' for some reason.

I said nothing about their actions, did I?

I said I was irriated by their whinging about it afterwards.

The great writers of WW2 didn't whinge, did they? Currie, Goodson, Deere, Johnson... they recounted their experiences in a spirit of forebearance and good humour.

No, I'm afraid the literature of the first lot is a hotbed of leftism.
    Yes. And they were all poofs, of course.

I said nothing about their actions, did I?

I said I was irriated by their whinging about it afterwards.

The great writers of WW2 didn't whinge, did they? Currie, Goodson, Deere, Johnson... they recounted their experiences in a spirit of forebearance and good humour.

No, I'm afraid the literature of the first lot is a hotbed of leftism.
    But they didn't whinge afterwards, C.

Owen died, Graves stayed in the army till he had kids and Sassoon had given up his lefty progress to go back to looking after him men and killing Krauts (for the heinous crime of killing his gay lover.)

I think you're jealous, C. They've shown more bravery than you could ever hope to and can sculpt sublime iambic pentameters.

And look at the full time score.

Lefty, gay, British poets 1-0 Right-wing, macho, German philistines.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. And they were all poofs, of course.
    That's why my MA tutor said about the trouble of using them as primary sources. As upper-class, closeted poofs with literary aspirations, they're not exactly representative of the average British Tommy.

Still, they did write some of the finest poetry in the English language or finest war poetry in any.

Have you read Forgotten Victory by Gary Sheffield? He blames the poets and Eng Lang teachers for us having a negative opinion of the BEF's performance. But ironically, it was my love of the poetry that got me into studying it properly and I'm now a Haigite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But they didn't whinge afterwards, C.

Owen died, Graves stayed in the army till he had kids and Sassoon had given up his lefty progress to go back to looking after him men and killing Krauts (for the heinous crime of killing his gay lover.)

I think you're jealous, C. They've shown more bravery than you could ever hope to and can sculpt sublime iambic pentameters.

And look at the full time score.

Lefty, gay, British poets 1-0 Right-wing, macho, German philistines.
    What do you know of the bravery I have shown, hmm?

For the avoidance of doubt, the answer is nothing. You know nothing from my bravery shown.

What do you know of the bravery I have shown, hmm?

For the avoidance of doubt, the answer is nothing. You know nothing from my bravery shown.
    Have you ever single-handedly captured a German trench, scattering 60 Hun, armed only with a book of poems, C?

"Sassoon's periods of duty on the Western Front were marked by exceptionally brave actions, including the single-handed capture of a German trench in the Hindenburg Line. Armed with grenades, he scattered sixty German soldiers:

He went over with bombs in daylight, under covering fire from a couple of rifles, and scared away the occupants. A pointless feat, since instead of signalling for reinforcements, he sat down in the German trench and began reading a book of poems which he had brought with him. When he went back he did not even report. Colonel Stockwell, then in command, raged at him. The attack on Mametz Wood had been delayed for two hours because British patrols were still reported to be out. "British patrols" were Siegfried and his book of poems. "I'd have got you a DSO, if you'd only shown more sense," stormed Stockwell."

Left-wing, poetry-writing, batty-boy gentlemen - the bravest of the brave.

These poofter poets are our ruling class.
    Explaining why you're scarred by jealousy
    Cos lefties iz much braver than Sir C.
    You wish you too could take it up the årse.

See? Iambs come naturally to us left-wing gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Have you ever single-handedly captured a German trench, scattering 60 Hun, armed only with a book of poems, C?

"Sassoon's periods of duty on the Western Front were marked by exceptionally brave actions, including the single-handed capture of a German trench in the Hindenburg Line. Armed with grenades, he scattered sixty German soldiers:

He went over with bombs in daylight, under covering fire from a couple of rifles, and scared away the occupants. A pointless feat, since instead of signalling for reinforcements, he sat down in the German trench and began reading a book of poems which he had brought with him. When he went back he did not even report. Colonel Stockwell, then in command, raged at him. The attack on Mametz Wood had been delayed for two hours because British patrols were still reported to be out. "British patrols" were Siegfried and his book of poems. "I'd have got you a DSO, if you'd only shown more sense," stormed Stockwell."

Left-wing, poetry-writing, batty-boy gentlemen - the bravest of the brave.

These poofter poets are our ruling class.
    Explaining why you're scarred by jealousy
    Cos lefties iz much braver than Sir C.
    You wish you too could take it up the årse.

See? Iambs come naturally to us left-wing gents.
    This raises the interesting question of whether one would rather charge a machine gun nest or suck a dick?