Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This virus would be far more interesting and disruptive if it killed young healthy

This virus would be far more interesting and disruptive if it killed young healthy

people too. This generation of limp cocked cissy boys would be cowering under the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    people too. This generation of limp cocked cissy boys would be cowering under the stairs.
    I'm considering starting a social media rumour that the Wuhan virus has been discovered in kale, quinoa and avocado toast. That ought to make those Millennials tremble in fear. Hopefully it will go viral. Get it? Viral? Virus?

Tbf, H, a century ago da yoot had just spent five years being forced to run into machine gun fire on the orders of their elderly generals, with the full support of their parents' generation back in Blighty*. So it's fair enough if this time it's the oldies that get it.

And if this one takes out the OAPs, when the next one comes round in a couple of decades, it will be the turn for the young again. And I'll have got away with both of them. Shrood.

*Graves and Sassoon talk about this together in Goodbye to All That. Imagining what a role reversal would be like with only the over 40s being sent to the front, and their sons telling them how proud they were on them making this sacrifice for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Tbf, H, a century ago da yoot had just spent five years being forced to run into machine gun fire on the orders of their elderly generals, with the full support of their parents' generation back in Blighty*. So it's fair enough if this time it's the oldies that get it.

And if this one takes out the OAPs, when the next one comes round in a couple of decades, it will be the turn for the young again. And I'll have got away with both of them. Shrood.

*Graves and Sassoon talk about this together in Goodbye to All That. Imagining what a role reversal would be like with only the over 40s being sent to the front, and their sons telling them how proud they were on them making this sacrifice for all of us.
    I was re-reading Goodbye To All That the other day. I was struck by the casual way he mentions he came down with the Spanish Flu and then happily accepted a lift from an old friend and his wife. Tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was re-reading Goodbye To All That the other day. I was struck by the casual way he mentions he came down with the Spanish Flu and then happily accepted a lift from an old friend and his wife. Tw@t.
    All those war 'poets' grit my shít. Whinging poofs. "Ooh it's so horrid and muddy here in the trenches and the nasty Germans want to kill me!" YOU'RE IN A WORLD WAR DICKHEAD, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    All those war 'poets' grit my shít. Whinging poofs. "Ooh it's so horrid and muddy here in the trenches and the nasty Germans want to kill me!" YOU'RE IN A WORLD WAR DICKHEAD, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
    Yes, plus it’s the most tremendous rot. I saw that thing where they’d coloured in WW1 and all those lads seemed to be having a grand time. Smiling away with their terrible dentition they were.

It would be amazingly interesting if it solely targeted one type, say maybe jews, muslims, labour voters, vegans, climate change ****s, man u fans or lefties

Edit: I forgot scousers!
    Last edited by barrybueno; 03-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Read Owen and Sassoon's MC citations and get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Read Owen and Sassoon's MC citations and get back to me.
    I said nothing about their actions, did I?

I said I was irriated by their whinging about it afterwards.

The great writers of WW2 didn't whinge, did they? Currie, Goodson, Deere, Johnson... they recounted their experiences in a spirit of forebearance and good humour.

No, I'm afraid the literature of the first lot is a hotbed of leftism.

And I am fed up with your whining. A little bit of nose cancer and you're on here

I said nothing about their actions, did I?

I said I was irriated by their whinging about it afterwards.

The great writers of WW2 didn't whinge, did they? Currie, Goodson, Deere, Johnson... they recounted their experiences in a spirit of forebearance and good humour.

No, I'm afraid the literature of the first lot is a hotbed of leftism.
    fro weeks blubbing like a girlchild whose had her barbie confiscated. Didn't see much stoicism from you.

How is it by the way?