Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I'm nearly four hours into Mantel's latest and still have another 32 hours to go

Well I'm nearly four hours into Mantel's latest and still have another 32 hours to go

It's very good, of course, but also in Audible terms, is tremendous value. That's three times the length of most books for just one credit. wd HM and wd Audible.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's very good, of course, but also in Audible terms, is tremendous value. That's three times the length of most books for just one credit. wd HM and wd Audible.
    I started with Wolf Hall again. About 3 hours in. I must have another 60 or 70 left!

Historical fiction? It is, I take it, meticulously researched?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It is. Exhaustively so, I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I started with Wolf Hall again. About 3 hours in. I must have another 60 or 70 left!
    So far I've learned that Princess Mary was sequestered at Hunsdon Hall, which is just up the road from me. Ware gets a mention, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It is. As is Phillipa Gregory's. She's got a history PhD.

What is Audible? And how do these credits work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    What is Audible? And how do these credits work?
    Audible is a site/app where you buy audiobooks. You can buy a membership that gives you two credits (1 per book) per month.

Details here
    https://audible-uk.custhelp.com/app/...ible-offers%3F

Audible is a site/app where you buy audiobooks. You can buy a membership that gives you two credits (1 per book) per month.

Details here
    https://audible-uk.custhelp.com/app/...ible-offers%3F
    So this means that if you use this months credit on the Mantell book, you get another book next month as well as being able to keep listening to hers?

Oh, and are they just read by one person or do they have different voices for different characters like on the radio?

£15 a month doesn't seem like that good value compared to R4. I wish R4 would have a subscription service where they just have everything they've ever made there to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I haven't read any - I think Audible may be the way to go