Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: IUFG more HR advice please

IUFG more HR advice please

I am not in the pension at work,

Apparently standard life are forcing people to opt in before they can opt out. and my work said they are not allowed to opt out on my behalf anymore, I find this quite strange. So they will take my contribution on my next salary then I have to cancel it with them and then get it back the next pay day.

is this really allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am not in the pension at work,

Apparently standard life are forcing people to opt in before they can opt out. and my work said they are not allowed to opt out on my behalf anymore, I find this quite strange. So they will take my contribution on my next salary then I have to cancel it with them and then get it back the next pay day.

is this really allowed?
    Yes. it is called auto-enrolment.

When the new pension regulations kicked in it requires Companies to enrol everyone on the payroll into a pension scheme.

the individual can opt-out but be aware that you will be automatically re-enrolled in 3 years time.

tl;dr - you will default into a pension scheme.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes. it is called auto-enrolment.

When the new pension regulations kicked in it requires Companies to enrol everyone on the payroll into a pension scheme.

the individual can opt-out but be aware that you will be automatically re-enrolled in 3 years time.

tl;dr - you will default into a pension scheme.
    Yeah but previously when I was asked to opt in or out they didn't nick my money first. pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Yeah but previously when I was asked to opt in or out they didn't nick my money first. pricks.
    you'll get it back...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you'll get it back...
    without interest I suspect. they'll prboably tax me twice to the thiveing cunds

actually I am not annoyed about it.

Why don't you want to be in the pension scheme Fash?

You do realise it is ***FREE MONEY*** right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Why don't you want to be in the pension scheme Fash?

You do realise it is ***FREE MONEY*** right?
    Like I am gonna live that long. Can't even buy toilet paper right now.
    I will rejoin the scheme at a later date.