Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm, who is the HR manager here?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    change industry, f, always nice to see how the 'others' do things...
    It’s really a hard one to get out of. However I love my current role

It's usually best to accept the redundancy offer (if you have a choice) and take what

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    called in for a "catch up" at 12.45, so far 2 guys have been sent straight home and told not to say anything. Sounds ominous
    you can. When they go down the tubes in a year there's nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    you can. When they go down the tubes in a year there's nothing left.
    That's what eventually did in my last job - was probably right to do so. Pissing the best part of two years' wages up the wall in six months was probably wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That's what eventually did in my last job - was probably right to do so. Pissing the best part of two years' wages up the wall in six months was probably wrong though
    I thought you got sacked for being drunk all the time?

Sounds like they've been 'put at risk', given gardening leave and told not to tell anyone. The 'don't tell anyone' is usually on the back of the 'we haven't told all involved, so please don't let them find out from another source before we do, to protect then etc'. It's utter *******s and it is completely up to the individuals in the situation whether they make it be made publicly known or not. They can tell whoever the hell they like, and probably should as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups that will increase the compensation amount of anyone that fights the redundancy. Little tip here, in that most employers opening gambit on any hearing is to throw an extra 5K on the table, to try and wrap up the process early on. The cost of preparing meetings, answering questions, then having to adjourn and come back with verified answers for another meeting the following week over and over can soon add up, so the 5K is small fry...

Good look in your current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    Sounds like they've been 'put at risk', given gardening leave and told not to tell anyone. The 'don't tell anyone' is usually on the back of the 'we haven't told all involved, so please don't let them find out from another source before we do, to protect then etc'. It's utter *******s and it is completely up to the individuals in the situation whether they make it be made publicly known or not. They can tell whoever the hell they like, and probably should as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups that will increase the compensation amount of anyone that fights the redundancy. Little tip here, in that most employers opening gambit on any hearing is to throw an extra 5K on the table, to try and wrap up the process early on. The cost of preparing meetings, answering questions, then having to adjourn and come back with verified answers for another meeting the following week over and over can soon add up, so the 5K is small fry...

Good look in your current situation.
    talking of utter bollócks, d.

"...as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups"

and not really best practice to put someone on gardening leave just because they are at risk of redundancy - sort of makes things look a leeeeeetel beeet fait accompli, don't yer think?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I thought you got sacked for being drunk all the time?
    It's the age old classic, which came first - the redundancy or the drinking?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    It's the age old classic, which came first - the redundancy or the drinking?
    the funding for the drinking has to come from somewhere, b
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    talking of utter bollócks, d.

"...as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups"

and not really best practice to put someone on gardening leave just because they are at risk of redundancy - sort of makes things look a leeeeeetel beeet fait accompli, don't yer think?
    You must be pretty unusual, i, in being in HR and a/ not being female and b/ not being insufferably woke.

I speak as someone who has to attend the HR Awards every year and is almost invariably outnumbered 4 to 1 by humourless chicks who'd scream harassment if you so much as complimented them on their dress (not that I would, due to so many of them being fierce munters).
    Last edited by Burney; 03-06-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You must be pretty unusual, i, in being in HR and a/ not being female and b/ not being insufferably woke.

I speak as someone who has to attend the HR Awards every year and am almost invariably outnumbered 4 to 1 by humourless chicks who'd scream harassment if you so much as complimented them on their dress (not that I would, due to so many of them being fierce munters).
    It is a female dominated discipline, b, that is for sure.
    However, whenever I go to 'networking opportunities' :sigh: I'd say half the top HR bosses are blokes

There is being aware of 'woke issues' and saying and doing the right thing...then there is the personal thoughts of the utter madness of much of it that I cannot verbalise in public.

I think I've said before on here, some of the biggest monsters and psychopaths in suits I've come across in my career are HR workers. Mostly women (with or without a pen15, I didn't ask) in my experience.