Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm, who is the HR manager here?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It is a female dominated discipline, b, that is for sure.
    However, whenever I go to 'networking opportunities' :sigh: I'd say half the top HR bosses are blokes

There is being aware of 'woke issues' and saying and doing the right thing...then there is the personal thoughts of the utter madness of much of it that I cannot verbalise in public.

I think I've said before on here, some of the biggest monsters and psychopaths in suits I've come across in my career are HR workers. Mostly women (with or without a pen15, I didn't ask) in my experience.
    Oh, yes. I think I told you about the one I used to work with and tried to sympathise when we were having a round of redundancies back in 2009, saying 'It must be hard' sort of thing, only for her to fix my eye with a maniacal glare and tell me with near-orgasmic enthusiam how much she was enjoying it as 'This is what I trained for!'

Fúcking psycho bitch.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-06-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yes. I think I told you about the one I used to work with whom I tried to sympathise when we were having a round of redundancies back in 2009, saying 'It must be hard' sort of thing, only for her to fix my eye with a maniacal glare and tell me with near-orgasmic enthusiam how much she was enjoying it as 'This is what I trained for!'

Fúcking psycho bitch.
    Don't get me wrong, it can be (professionally) interesting to do something huge like close a site and make 500+ people's jobs redundant, but to actually have no empathy for the people going through it is, how shall we say, presenting emotional detachment.

You can sack people with dignity and respect. Doesn't take much effort, tbh.

Trouble is, a lot of HR people don't treat employees and workers with dignity and respect.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Don't get me wrong, it can be (professionally) interesting to do something huge like close a site and make 500+ people's jobs redundant, but to actually have no empathy for the people going through it is, how shall we say, presenting emotional detachment.

Trouble is, a lot of HR people don't treat employees and workers with dignity and respect.
    My boss was the subject of an HR investigation recently. She's phenomenal b1tch from Goldman Sachs who is not only hated by pretty much everyone, but who is also grossly incompetent and only in her position because her boss is her best mate (also from GS).

I was warned that no matter how badly she was murdered in the investigation, HR would rally around the senior manager and bury the results. I spoke to three other people who were interviewed and we all caned her.

Outcome? As you would expect from HR, absolutely f*ck all.

In my experience, they seem happier regarding employees as resources than as humans.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Outcome? As you would expect from HR, absolutely f*ck all.

I have one rule.

Always do the right thing.

In a case where HR investigate - they are never (well, should never be) the decision maker. You can only investigate and present the evidence as observed by the investigating officer and make recommendations.

I assume you reviewed and signed off your evidence?

It is the person who commissioned the investigation or chaired the disciplinary hearing who did absolutely f*ck all, I'd guess there, w.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Eh? Drinking was part of the job of course

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I thought you got sacked for being drunk all the time?
    The part I was best at

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yes. I think I told you about the one I used to work with and tried to sympathise when we were having a round of redundancies back in 2009, saying 'It must be hard' sort of thing, only for her to fix my eye with a maniacal glare and tell me with near-orgasmic enthusiam how much she was enjoying it as 'This is what I trained for!'

Fúcking psycho bitch.
    It's been some time since I was in a position where redundancy was a possibility, but I'd still ****ing love to roll in a series of HR managers and tell them they are 'at risk' and to **** off home with a cardboard box full of the photos of their ugly children and stress balls.

Not including the nice man in HR from this thread of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It's been some time since I was in a position where redundancy was a possibility, but I'd still ****ing love to roll in a series of HR managers and tell them they are 'at risk' and to **** off home with a cardboard box full of the photos of their ugly children and stress balls.

Not including the nice man in HR from this thread of course.
    we're all part of it at some point.

I closed a factory with many of the employees telling me "it's alright for you" during the consultation meetings.

It was me who then had to drive the 50+ miles to head office to be told my position was redundant too.

My boss then asked me to work my notice period, once everyone else had gone, so I could manage the asset disposal from the site.

I said "no"

They offered me a huge retainer on top of my redundancy pay plus made my notice PILON.

I said "yes"

They offered me a huge retainer on top of my redundancy pay plus made my notice PILON.

I said "yes"
    Fvck it, you're in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Fvck it, you're in as well.
    it wasn't not my fault their negotiations weren't fully thought through before the conversation.