Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday I encountered Simon Callow in a lavatory.

Yesterday I encountered Simon Callow in a lavatory.

He was utterly charming. We spent some time looking at dirty pictures together.

Oddly, this was my second encounter with Mr Callow. Both times he has been the model of jocularity and good manners.

Simon Callow is definitely my favourite lovey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He was utterly charming. We spent some time looking at dirty pictures together.

Oddly, this was my second encounter with Mr Callow. Both times he has been the model of jocularity and good manners.

Simon Callow is definitely my favourite lovey.
    Which dirty picture lavatory was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Which dirty picture lavatory was this?
    It was in The Goring. They have some quite explicit 18th century prints.

The Goring is definitely the poshest hotel in the world FACT.

It was in The Goring. They have some quite explicit 18th century prints.

The Goring is definitely the poshest hotel in the world FACT.
    Lovely! It is reet posh in there. On the occasions I've been there, I've felt distinctly oikish.

Lovely! It is reet posh in there. On the occasions I've been there, I've felt distinctly oikish.
    I always imagine I'm about to bump into her majesty. Yesterday I encountered a different sort of queen altogether.

Afterwards I went home on a bus.

I always imagine I'm about to bump into her majesty. Yesterday I encountered a different sort of queen altogether.

Afterwards I went home on a bus.
    This seems to have been a terribly democratic afternoon for you. It could only have been improved if you'd popped into a Greggs for a Steak Bake. Well done.

This seems to have been a terribly democratic afternoon for you. It could only have been improved if you'd popped into a Greggs for a Steak Bake. Well done.
    ty b. It was quite a day, one way or another.

Whilst I waited for a bus opposite The Maxwell a chap walked up to me and said, "It's a mess, isn't it? This coronavirus thing." I agreed that it is, indeed, a mess, but ventured to suggest that we'd be 'alright in the end'. With this wisdom he seemed well pleased, and continued upon his way.

Life is odd sometimes.

ty b. It was quite a day, one way or another.

Whilst I waited for a bus opposite The Maxwell a chap walked up to me and said, "It's a mess, isn't it? This coronavirus thing." I agreed that it is, indeed, a mess, but ventured to suggest that we'd be 'alright in the end'. With this wisdom he seemed well pleased, and continued upon his way.

Life is odd sometimes.
    You see? This is the sort of interaction with your fellow men you'll miss when you decamp to the north. Up there, they'll just grunt guttural noises at you.

Do you know, I think the last time I drank in The Maxwell was the day you helped me move into the flat? Seven years ago next month, that'll be.

You see? This is the sort of interaction with your fellow men you'll miss when you decamp to the north. Up there, they'll just grunt guttural noises at you.

Do you know, I think the last time I drank in The Maxwell was the day you helped me move into the flat? Seven years ago next month, that'll be.
    That would be the last time I was in there, as well.

Seven years, really? Madness. I seem to recall that it was a lovely spring evening but that when I left you the flat felt bleak, cold and lonely.

That would be the last time I was in there, as well.

Seven years, really? Madness. I seem to recall that it was a lovely spring evening but that when I left you the flat felt bleak, cold and lonely.
    It wasn't that nice an evening. And how would you know what the flat was like after you'd left?

But yeah, you're right. I didn't cry or nuffink, though. I'm not a poof.