Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does there always seem to be such a nasty edge to the Portsmouth crowd?

Why does there always seem to be such a nasty edge to the Portsmouth crowd?

It's not that they're loud, it's that they're vile.

Mocking a bloke being stretchered off is pretty low, but I noticed every time we had a throw in, our player was confronted by fiercely angry adult men, faces twisted in rage, screeching abuse... why? We're hardly rivals, are we?

I know there was a history of fighting between Arsenal and Portsmouth fans in the 1930s but surely they've got over whetever that was about by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Mocking a bloke being stretchered off is pretty low, but I noticed every time we had a throw in, our player was confronted by fiercely angry adult men, faces twisted in rage, screeching abuse... why? We're hardly rivals, are we?

I know there was a history of fighting between Arsenal and Portsmouth fans in the 1930s but surely they've got over whetever that was about by now?
    Stuart McFarlane (Arsenal photographer) put a photo on instagram of two kids with their dad (or possibly carer) making ****er signs at Guendozi. Kids must have been about 10 and 8. Dad's face is contorted with rage. Presumably Matteo had taken another free kick ten centimetres from where it should have been

Was leading tattooed, bell-wielding, antiquarian bookseller John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood there?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Stuart McFarlane (Arsenal photographer) put a photo on instagram of two kids with their dad (or possibly carer) making ****er signs at Guendozi. Kids must have been about 10 and 8. Dad's face is contorted with rage. Presumably Matteo had taken another free kick ten centimetres from where it should have been
    Maybe that's just what the locals are like. Is Portsmouth the Stoke of the south coast, one wonders? I think I've only been there once. With b, to visit HMS Victory :goodtimez:

Last night felt like I had gone back in time and I instantly remembered how annoying they are.
    Also this constant cheering gimmick even when you are losing is actually very boring. they'd be much better served going outside the ground and moaning on youtube about their club.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Was leading tattooed, bell-wielding, antiquarian bookseller John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood there?
    Didn't notice him, actually. Now I come to think of it I don't remember hearing his bell.

Hopefully the ****'s dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    To be fair he does seem a bit of a :****er:

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hopefully, the **** is swinging beneath the Spinnaker Tower...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Last night felt like I had gone back in time and I instantly remembered how annoying they are.
    Also this constant cheering gimmick even when you are losing is actually very boring. they'd be much better served going outside the ground and moaning on youtube about their club.
    Not only irritating Portsmouth fans last night. There was also Mike Dean and Jermaine Jenas.

There was also Mike Dean and Jermaine Jenas.
    :shudder: #cnutfest
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”