Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Oooh. Last time we beat Pompey in the cup we went on to win it.

Oooh. Last time we beat Pompey in the cup we went on to win it.

1 Feb '71, we won 3-2 at home after drawing 1-1 away the previous week.

Charlie, Peter Simpson and a Peter Storey pen - a Peter Storey pen getting us the draw the week before.

It's on, lads. It's on. The Scousers have failed to be invincible and we'll now go further ahead in wins in the world's oldest footie tournament.

If only we still had Rambo to assist the winner. Olly G wouldn't score a winner against us, would he? I mean, he is one of us really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Charlie, Peter Simpson and a Peter Storey pen - a Peter Storey pen getting us the draw the week before.

It's on, lads. It's on. The Scousers have failed to be invincible and we'll now go further ahead in wins in the world's oldest footie tournament.

If only we still had Rambo to assist the winner. Olly G wouldn't score a winner against us, would he? I mean, he is one of us really.
    2004 Sorry GG
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    2004 Sorry GG
    Did we? Didn't say that on the website I looked at. What was the score?

Oh, well. We'll lose to ManU in the semi when Arteta rests our no.14 top striker for the first half. 1-0. What odds will I get on that if I bet now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Did we? Didn't say that on the website I looked at. What was the score?

Oh, well. We'll lose to ManU in the semi when Arteta rests our no.14 top striker for the first half. 1-0. What odds will I get on that if I bet now?
    https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/hea...&team2_id=2049

Lost to the manc scum in the semi Would have been an absolute gimme of a final too, ****ing Millwall!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Lost to the manc scum in the semi Would have been an absolute gimme of a final too, ****ing Millwall!
    I know. Rested Titi until it was too late. Did we lose to the Chavs in the CL before or after that game? Titit saved us from 3 on the trott when he scored a hattrick beating the Scousers 4-2. I remember that.

{I also remember the Chav game. When they scored the winner, I went to the North Bank bogs and got more off me tits. First time I ever left the game before the end. Though came back as injury time was starting,}

We scored 6 up at their place in 2004. Portsmouth fans clapped us off the pitch, we played that well.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Thanks Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    We scored 6 up at their place in 2004. Portsmouth fans clapped us off the pitch, we played that well.
    Sheringham scored in the 90th minute to make it 1-5 - and celebrated like he'd won the Cup