Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Surely the rest of the world has a right to sue China over this? Or nuke them?

Surely the rest of the world has a right to sue China over this? Or nuke them?

I mean, we're talking about trillions of $s eventually not to mention the endless ball ache.

And all because the savages like to slaughter live animals and sell them publicly in the same place. And it's not as if they haven't been through this before.

If this means I get no hols outside of the UK this year I will be leaning towards the nuclear option.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I mean, we're talking about trillions of $s eventually not to mention the endless ball ache.

And all because the savages like to slaughter live animals and sell them publicly in the same place. And it's not as if they haven't been through this before.

If this means I get no hols outside of the UK this year I will be leaning towards the nuclear option.
    It's also a very useful corrective to the pernicious notion of the all-powerful, centralised, authoritarian state being best-placed to handle crises. In fact, the truth is the opposite. The less scrutiny and accountability that exists in a state, the less efficient it is when push comes to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's also a very useful corrective to the pernicious notion of the all-powerful, centralised, authoritarian state being best-placed to handle crises. In fact, the truth is the opposite. The less scrutiny and accountability that exists in a state, the less efficient it is when push comes to shove.
    You mean there's still people that think this way? Other than Corbyn and his rabble, of course.

Speaking of which, I saw that Richard Burgon chap on Andrew Marr on Sunday. What a grade A muppet. I genuinely hope that the powers that be in Labour adopt the same views that he seems to hold. Replace Corbyn and run the same campaign again in 4 years time and all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You mean there's still people that think this way? Other than Corbyn and his rabble, of course.

Speaking of which, I saw that Richard Burgon chap on Andrew Marr on Sunday. What a grade A muppet. I genuinely hope that the powers that be in Labour adopt the same views that he seems to hold. Replace Corbyn and run the same campaign again in 4 years time and all will be well.
    Oh, yes. And not just lefties, either. Over the years I've regularly spoken to people who'll speak admiringly of China's ability to 'get things done' and how relatively mired in 'red tape' we in the West are.

By 'red tape', of course, they actually mean the legal and social protections that are the cornerstones of free societies. If you raise this with them, they'll talk about omelettes and eggs. But, as Orwell pointed out with regard to Soviet Russia 'Where's the omelette?' And situations such as these (in addition to China's actually pretty precarious economic situation and dependency on Western markets, of course), prove that China's omelette isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Oh, yes. And not just lefties, either. Over the years I've regularly spoken to people who'll speak admiringly of China's ability to 'get things done' and how relatively mired in 'red tape' we in the West are.

By 'red tape', of course, they actually mean the legal and social protections that are the cornerstones of free societies. If you raise this with them, they'll talk about omelettes and eggs. But, as Orwell pointed out with regard to Soviet Russia 'Where's the omelette?' And situations such as these (in addition to China's actually pretty precarious economic situation and dependency on Western markets, of course), prove that China's omelette isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Is their entire economy not based on cement production and building stuff, for which they pay themselves and at some point it's all going to come crashing down.....or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Is their entire economy not based on cement production and building stuff, for which they pay themselves and at some point it's all going to come crashing down.....or something like that
    To some extent, yes. But it's all propped up by huge amounts of foreign currency received by virtue of being the world's biggest exporter. This crisis could be what brings it all crashing down. Last year, they were having to prop up their slowing economy to the extent that their debt was 300% of GDP. This crisis is already costing them vast, unimaginable sums of money. It doesn't look good for them.

You mean like that red tape those evil Europeans have imposed on us and that our heroic Buccaneering Brexiters will be ripping up so Britannia can be unchained?

Or is honest to goodness British red tape different from slimy, crypto-commie EU red tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You mean like that red tape those evil Europeans have imposed on us and that our heroic Buccaneering Brexiters will be ripping up so Britannia can be unchained?

Or is honest to goodness British red tape different from slimy, crypto-commie EU red tape?
    LOL! Given that our rights long pre-date the EU and are far more secure in the UK than the rest of the EU, no.