Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the bright side, if Coronavirus really kicks off, they'll have to call a halt to

On the bright side, if Coronavirus really kicks off, they'll have to call a halt to

the season and Liverpool will be denied their first title in 30 years.

Well worth a few hundred million dead that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Been discussing this with a few folks for a while I was thinking more like a few hundred Northerners dead though.

On the downside I can honestly see the 2020 Euros being scrapped soon
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Been discussing this with a few folks for a while I was thinking more like a few hundred Northerners dead though.

Can you imagine how scousers would react? They'd be certain it was some sort of Hillsborough-related conspiracy.

Can you imagine how scousers would react? They'd be certain it was some sort of Hillsborough-related conspiracy.
    Imagine the memorial service? I reckon they'd change their strip to black and have 2 minutes silence before every game for the rest of time...

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post

IAHYK
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Why is everyone panicking? Surely the death of 2% of the world's population will be good for the environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why is everyone panicking? Surely the death of 2% of the world's population will be good for the environment?
    Well it’s already cut China’s CO2 emissions by 25% apparently. So that’s nice.

Anyway, as I’m bored of explaining to people, it isn’t going to cut the world’s population by 2%. At the moment, it’s showing a 2% death rate among recorded cases - which isn’t anywhere near the same as the actual number of cases. Also, far from everyone who might get it is actually getting it. And most of the deaths are - as usual - the old and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions.

Well it’s already cut China’s CO2 emissions by 25% apparently. So that’s nice.

Anyway, as I’m bored of explaining to people, it isn’t going to cut the world’s population by 2%. At the moment, it’s showing a 2% death rate among recorded cases - which isn’t anywhere near the same as the actual number of cases. Also, far from everyone who might get it is actually getting it. And most of the deaths are - as usual - the old and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions.
    Loads more people will have had it not knowing they had it and just thought it was a cold.... more likely now that everyone will be asking to be tested if they sneeze once.

I'm waiting for them to tell us all to work from home for 2 months...then realise I can't work from home
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Loads more people will have had it not knowing they had it and just thought it was a cold.... more likely now that everyone will be asking to be tested if they sneeze once.

I'm waiting for them to tell us all to work from home for 2 months...then realise I can't work from home
    Well in case no-one's noticed, a pretty gnarly coldy-fluey thing has been doing the rounds for quite a few weeks already, leading to fairly massive levels of absenteeism at my workplace. Has anyone run the rule over that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    IAHYK
    ok ok, Let's keep it to mancs and scousers. Shirley you're in the clear now?