Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish to purchase some spices in bulk (1kg at a time) rather than the little

I wish to purchase some spices in bulk (1kg at a time) rather than the little

pots you get in Waitrose. Where in London can I buy such a thing? I went for a walk in the vicinity of Brick Lane, hoping to find some Asian food stores that meet my requirements. But nothing.

Also, when did Brick Lane become so... disgusting? Only ever been after dark and it was quite eye opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    pots you get in Waitrose. Where in London can I buy such a thing? I went for a walk in the vicinity of Brick Lane, hoping to find some Asian food stores that meet my requirements. But nothing.

Also, when did Brick Lane become so... disgusting? Only ever been after dark and it was quite eye opening.
    I take it we're not talking ground spices? There's no point buying them in bulk unless you're going to use them all at once, as they lose their powers very quickly once they're opened.

And it's always been disgusting. It's just romanticised by multi-culti types.

Only one place really...Arrakis

Ask for a chap called The Baron...I heard he’s running things now but if you tell him I sent you he’ll cut you a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Only one place really...Arrakis

Ask for a chap called The Baron...I heard he’s running things now but if you tell him I sent you he’ll cut you a great deal.
    He said spices, not 'spice'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I take it we're not talking ground spices? There's no point buying them in bulk unless you're going to use them all at once, as they lose their powers very quickly once they're opened.

And it's always been disgusting. It's just romanticised by multi-culti types.
    Yes, ground spice. I have some airtight glass jars which will look quite pleasant when filled with vibrantly-coloured spices. Appreciate they may lose their luster if kept open to the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Appreciate they may lose their luster if kept open to the air.
    And also change your eye colour to 1980s technicolour blue

):

And also change your eye colour to 1980s technicolour blue

):
    You know I'm the only one getting your Dune references, right, t?

Yeah lol

The remake is out this year...cracking cast. Should be good.

Yeah lol

The remake is out this year...cracking cast. Should be good.
    Will it feature Sting in tiny pants again?

Two-time Oscar nominee Timothée Chalamet will star as Paul Atreides, Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides, Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides, Josh Brolinas Gurney Halleck, Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Harkonnen, Zendeya as Chani, Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, Javier Bardem as Stilgar, Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, David Dastmcalchian as Piter De Vries, Chang Chen as Dr. Yueh, and Dave Bautista as The Beast Raban Harkonnen.

Dune is set to hit theaters on November 20th, 2020.

-

No news on Sting as yet ffs