Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheery, upbeat people can fúck off, can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by HoddGooner View Post
    Which academy? Per is very committed to such things at Arsenal and all the players (and family) get lots of education and support facilities around this.
    Dirty Leeds....very well run academy and ranks second in England for player developmant
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, I remember. It's almost as if some of those base instincts and unchecked reactions that people like to call phobias might have some foundation in survival instinct, isn't it? If your instant reaction to the idea of a male nanny is to be suspicious, there are good reasons for that based on the much, much higher likelihood of males to commit sex crimes against children than females.
    There's a very good book called 'The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence' that points this out. It makes it clear that our fear responses have evolved over millions of years and that ignoring or overriding them for fear of being rude, racist or whatever is a bad idea. So, for instance, if a lone woman walks into a deserted car park late at night and sees a group of black youths hanging around, she is right to listen to her survival instincts and to turn around and get the fúck out of there because it's really not worth getting raped and/or murdered when the alternative scenario is that you might cause some offence.
    These are very unpopular ideas in a modern context, of course, because they prioritise self-protection and commonsense over the risk of offending people.
    Yes, I think the chap who wrote that was on the Sam Harris podcast, before you decided you hated him because he has too much intellectual depth for your tastes.

To be fair, it's not a fear response that's evolved over millions of years that would cause me to get the fúck out of a deserted car park full of black youths. It's half-a-decade of formal education surrounded by the c*nts.

Excellent, good luck to the young man

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, I think the chap who wrote that was on the Sam Harris podcast, before you decided you hated him because he has too much intellectual depth for your tastes.

To be fair, it's not a fear response that's evolved over millions of years that would cause me to get the fúck out of a deserted car park full of black youths. It's half-a-decade of formal education surrounded by the c*nts.
    Yes, but the point is that your fear responses are based on what you know rather than what you think you ought to think. As such, they are best listened to.

Talking of which, Sam Harris is a noncey-sounding cvnt and I wouldn't leave him alone with any child of mine.

Yes, but the point is that your fear responses are based on what you know rather than what you think you ought to think. As such, they are best listened to.

Talking of which, Sam Harris is a noncey-sounding cvnt and I wouldn't leave him alone with any child of mine.
    Actually, I did give momentary pause for thought to my Sam Harris obsession when he recently declared that he has more respect for Osama Bin Laden than Donald Trump

Actually, I did give momentary pause for thought to my Sam Harris obsession when he recently declared that he has more respect for Osama Bin Laden than Donald Trump
    Well yes. That's because he has no sense of humour. You have to have a sense of humour to appreciate The Donald's qualities.

Well yes. That's because he has no sense of humour. You have to have a sense of humour to appreciate The Donald's qualities.
    He does have a sense of humour. It's just drier than a peppermint fart.

He does have a sense of humour. It's just drier than a peppermint fart.
    I doubt he's ever deliberately made anyone laugh and his laugh is that of a man who knows he is expected to laugh, but doesn't really understand the mechanics of it.
    No, he's a creepy fúcker and no mistake.

I doubt he's ever deliberately made anyone laugh and his laugh is that of a man who knows he is expected to laugh, but doesn't really understand the mechanics of it.
    No, he's a creepy fúcker and no mistake.
    I can't disagree with that summation with any true conviction.

However, what I would say is that Sam probably views people like you in the same way you view cheery, upbeat people.

I think I've previously shared the story about the headmaster at my son's old school in Highgate who said that nothing makes him more proud than when one of his pupils says that they're off for a "councelling session" with the school's Pastoral Support Officer.

Meanwhile the school was being infiltrated by an actual *****phile
    He’s probably aligned to that chap running the school that welcomes costumed trannies to read books to juniors. 🙄