Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheery, upbeat people can fúck off, can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Don't really have that problem here
    Do you not have any of those big, bluff, disgustingly cheery, red-faced Germans who talk loudly, laugh and slap you on the back or shoulder while wearing eye-wateringly ugly sports jackets?

You know the sort. The Gert Fröbe type. Usually played hapless POW camp commandants in war movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you not have any of those big, bluff, disgustingly cheery, red-faced Germans who talk loudly, laugh and slap you on the back or shoulder while wearing eye-wateringly ugly sports jackets?

You know the sort. The Gert Fröbe type. Usually played hapless POW camp commandants in war movies.
    Actually it is Fasching today so the city is full of people in wacky costumes. I'm going to sleep for the afternoon and hope they tired themselves out before the football starts tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actually it is Fasching today so the city is full of people in wacky costumes. I'm going to sleep for the afternoon and hope they tired themselves out before the football starts tonight
    I remember being over there a few years ago during that and wondering what the fúck was going on. It was all over the telly. Every channel seemed to have some sort of unbelievably shít variety show attended by píssed, boot-faced, middle-aged Germans. It was like gazing into the seventh circle of Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Amazing what you learn on mental health when a charity comes into the lads football academy to talk to 9 yr olds about mental health
    Which academy? Per is very committed to such things at Arsenal and all the players (and family) get lots of education and support facilities around this.

Yes, fair enough. Although I'm not sure all the talks in the world can overcome that sort of shít parenting.
    One refreshing aspect of moving out of London has been that this kind of stuff is notably more absent. I've not heard a peep about "mental health" from my boy's football organisation, which in all other areas is highly vocal as a community voice.

The only people trying to push it are the tiny cohort of middle class parents at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    One refreshing aspect of moving out of London has been that this kind of stuff is notably more absent. I've not heard a peep about "mental health" from my boy's football organisation, which in all other areas is highly vocal as a community voice.

The only people trying to push it are the tiny cohort of middle class parents at the school.
    It's just a particularly twisted form of virtue-signalling, really. And they're using their kids to do it. Munchausen's-by-proxy motherfúckers that they are.

It's just a particularly twisted form of virtue-signalling, really. And they're using their kids to do it. Munchausen's-by-proxy motherfúckers that they are.
    I think I've previously shared the story about the headmaster at my son's old school in Highgate who said that nothing makes him more proud than when one of his pupils says that they're off for a "councelling session" with the school's Pastoral Support Officer.

Meanwhile the school was being infiltrated by an actual *****phile

I think I've previously shared the story about the headmaster at my son's old school in Highgate who said that nothing makes him more proud than when one of his pupils says that they're off for a "councelling session" with the school's Pastoral Support Officer.

Meanwhile the school was being infiltrated by an actual *****phile
    Since when did nonces have to ‘infiltrate’ schools? Schools (along with children’s homes, scout huts and the priesthood) are their natural habitat, surely?
    It’s not a proper education unless you’ve spent part of it nonce-dodging imo.

Since when did nonces have to ‘infiltrate’ schools? Schools (along with children’s homes, scout huts and the priesthood) are their natural habitat, surely?
    It’s not a proper education unless you’ve spent part of it nonce-dodging imo.
    He was a local nanny (or "manny", as he liked to call himself) and worked for several parents at the school.

He was also overtly gay and had bright green hair. I believe the phrase is "asking for it".

He was a local nanny (or "manny", as he liked to call himself) and worked for several parents at the school.

He was also overtly gay and had bright green hair. I believe the phrase is "asking for it".
    Yes, I remember. It's almost as if some of those base instincts and unchecked reactions that people like to call phobias might have some foundation in survival instinct, isn't it? If your instant reaction to the idea of a male nanny is to be suspicious, there are good reasons for that based on the much, much higher likelihood of males to commit sex crimes against children than females.
    There's a very good book called 'The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence' that points this out. It makes it clear that our fear responses have evolved over millions of years and that ignoring or overriding them for fear of being rude, racist or whatever is a bad idea. So, for instance, if a lone woman walks into a deserted car park late at night and sees a group of black youths hanging around, she is right to listen to her survival instincts and to turn around and get the fúck out of there because it's really not worth getting raped and/or murdered when the alternative scenario is that you might cause some offence.
    These are very unpopular ideas in a modern context, of course, because they prioritise self-protection and commonsense over the risk of offending people.