Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mo Farah's already thin story is now basically falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Realistically it's too big - imagine the maintenance costs! And it's not really isolated enough. Still, it's a nice example of what you get for your money. LOTS!
    Also, that bath would have to come out. It's minging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The A66 is closed between Penrith and Appleby. He's probably stuck in a snowdrift.
    Pah! NEVER missed a days work because of weather....took me 90 mins instead of the usual 30 today
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Which is a good time to bring this rather droll piece to people's attention.

https://bsixsmith.wordpress.com/2019...e-of-mo-farah/
    WES could have written that (might have needed help with the English spelling of words)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    WES could have written that (might have needed help with the English spelling of words)
    It's all true, though. Sooner or later, you're going to have to face up to the fact that - in common with half our 2012 medallists, to be fair -he's a dirty cheat.

It's all true, though. Sooner or later, you're going to have to face up to the fact that - in common with half our 2012 medallists, to be fair -he's a dirty cheat.
    When it is proven I will hold my hands up...

Hold on - I seem to recall you defending Usain Bolt when I pointed out that he was a blatant drug cheat as well.

The evidence against Usain is no less compelling than that against Farah.

Mind you, the best solution is to simply treat athletics and cycling with the disdain they deserve. I just don't pay attention to them at all because the cheating is so obvious. Not that I ever paid attention to cycling anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Hold on - I seem to recall you defending Usain Bolt when I pointed out that he was a blatant drug cheat as well.

The evidence against Usain is no less compelling than that against Farah.

Mind you, the best solution is to simply treat athletics and cycling with the disdain they deserve. I just don't pay attention to them at all because the cheating is so obvious. Not that I ever paid attention to cycling anyway.
    No, I didn't. It's long been my assumption that anyone who rises to the top in athletics is doping. It stands to reason that they must be.

I did once point out that, rather suspiciously, he - the incredibly high-profile poster boy for international athletics - was the only member of the Jamaican 4x100m team who hadn't been busted for doping.

No, I didn't. It's long been my assumption that anyone who rises to the top in athletics is doping. It stands to reason that they must be.

I did once point out that, rather suspiciously, he - the incredibly high-profile poster boy for international athletics - was the only member of the Jamaican 4x100m team who hadn't been busted for doping.
    Ah, well my apologies then. It was probably Pokster. Bless him.

Whilst I don't give a toss about athletics anymore so am indifferent to the cheating, what does grate is the hypocrisy of those that do or did.

Watching Michael Johnson on BBC being holier than thou is particularly irritating. He was pumped full of them when he ran 19.32 and everyone knows it. Cheating c*nt.

Whilst I don't give a toss about athletics anymore so am indifferent to the cheating, what does grate is the hypocrisy of those that do or did.

Watching Michael Johnson on BBC being holier than thou is particularly irritating. He was pumped full of them when he ran 19.32 and everyone knows it. Cheating c*nt.
    Well I can understand the feeling of panic among those at the higher echelons of the sport, as they can see their livelihoods disappearing the minute they're forced to admit that their sport is basically meaningless.
    But then I find the persistent refusal to even acknowledge that there even might be an issue in a sport that offers the rewards that football does even funnier.
    And as for rugby, where huge men with extraordinary musculatures and oddly-shaped heads are routinely running the hundred in even time for 80 minutes while absorbing savage impacts...

Well I have never mentioned Bolt in any way, so please respect me when I say **** off