Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mo Farah's already thin story is now basically falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well I have never mentioned Bolt in any way, so please respect me when I say **** off
    What? Never? Not even to say 'That Usain Bolt is a properly fast runner' or whatever?

It's peculiar how choosey people tend to be when deciding to back or not back a drug cheat. Look at last weekend for instance. Nobody gave a toss that Tyson Fury, a proven renowned drug cheat beat the bejesus out of that black lad. Don't get me wrong, the other chap was drugged up too and easily proved with being 34 and putting on a kilo of muscle since the last fight while still showing a dry six pack. Something that is simply impossible. He would have maxed out his natural muscle growth rate years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    It's peculiar how choosey people tend to be when deciding to back or not back a drug cheat. Look at last weekend for instance. Nobody gave a toss that Tyson Fury, a proven renowned drug cheat beat the bejesus out of that black lad. Don't get me wrong, the other chap was drugged up too and easily proved with being 34 and putting on a kilo of muscle since the last fight while still showing a dry six pack. Something that is simply impossible. He would have maxed out his natural muscle growth rate years ago.
    Well in boxing I just assume they're all at it, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What? Never? Not even to say 'That Usain Bolt is a properly fast runner' or whatever?
    You know what I mean you pedantic ****oid
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well in boxing I just assume they're all at it, so it doesn't really matter, does it?
    I'd imagine 99% of boxers, cyclists and running fellas are on it.

Tbh any boxer not on gear would be a retarded spastic. At the end of the day your putting your life on the line each fight plus you have to sell yourself as a superhuman specimen to sell your brand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I'd imagine 99% of boxers, cyclists and running fellas are on it.

Tbh any boxer not on gear would be a retarded spastic. At the end of the day your putting your life on the line each fight plus you have to sell yourself as a superhuman specimen to sell your brand anyway.
    Absolutely. The only place where I actually have a problem with it is in sports where some are using and others aren't.

Absolutely. The only place where I actually have a problem with it is in sports where some are using and others aren't.
    How does one ever know though??? Unless people are being found out you will never know how much usage there is.

Jessica Ennis was accused by WES of being a drug taker as she beat the Russians who were cheating, if that is the natural perception then there is no chance of ever getting to the bottom of it

How does one ever know though??? Unless people are being found out you will never know how much usage there is.

Jessica Ennis was accused by WES of being a drug taker as she beat the Russians who were cheating, if that is the natural perception then there is no chance of ever getting to the bottom of it
    Well it stands to reason that, given a relatively level playing field of sporting excellence where the differences can be measured in millimetres, that a doped athlete will always beat a clean athlete. It therefore follows that those who regularly win against doped athletes are themselves doping.

By the way, was the reference to 'bottom' in a post about Jessica Ennis deliberate?

Well it stands to reason that, given a relatively level playing field of sporting excellence where the differences can be measured in millimetres, that a doped athlete will always beat a clean athlete. It therefore follows that those who regularly win against doped athletes are themselves doping.

By the way, was the reference to 'bottom' in a post about Jessica Ennis deliberate?
    Yes to the bottom part

In her defence, a sport where technique is such a huge part of her success, I would suggest an athlete taking drugs would have less impact on an overall score than in a straight race.

Obviously taking drugs does improve an athletes performance, but to say a drugged athlete will always beat a clean athlete assumes that the drugged athlete was already in the top 4 or 5 in the world wouldn't it?

Yes to the bottom part

In her defence, a sport where technique is such a huge part of her success, I would suggest an athlete taking drugs would have less impact on an overall score than in a straight race.

Obviously taking drugs does improve an athletes performance, but to say a drugged athlete will always beat a clean athlete assumes that the drugged athlete was already in the top 4 or 5 in the world wouldn't it?
    The athletes are in the top 4 or 5 based on innate characteristics. After all, you can't just take a course of injections and become the best pentathlete in the world, can you? Notwithstanding that you've cheated, you still have to work incredibly hard at your sport to climb that high. The dedication, discipline and mentality required to do that sets these athletes apart and are what propel them into the top 4 or 5 in the world. The drugs are just what push them over the line.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-25-2020 at 11:02 AM.