Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I left a home game at half time once.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I got lucky at Boro - similar situation but my red 'n white scarf was like a lot of theirs and, thank feck, I didn't wear any silkies that day. A few got picked off on the way to the station simply because of their silkies - they just didn't do them.
    What a horrible, horrible place that is.

That pub near the new ground, The Navigation? inhabited by some of the most feral looking knuckle-draggers I've ever seen.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Whoooah there, h.

I have sat on my hands in the home stands at Arsenal away matches in my time . . . but this?
    We are talking bang smack in the middle of the Gallowgate mob I. Being so outnumbered didn't mean nothing because just one of them could probably have done about ten of us. THey were bigger, older, meaner, uglier. Most of them had no front teeth ( not a joke).

Geordie grandad b. I can do a half decent toon accent and when you're chanting no-one notices
    So you didn’t crown the occasion by initiating a chorus of the Blaydon Races ?

We are talking bang smack in the middle of the Gallowgate mob I. Being so outnumbered didn't mean nothing because just one of them could probably have done about ten of us. THey were bigger, older, meaner, uglier. Most of them had no front teeth ( not a joke).
    You probably got a better view than the away fans though, h.

It is like watching an old sensible soccer match from up there...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    So you didn’t crown the occasion by initiating a chorus of the Blaydon Races ?
    You jogged my memory 7. QPR had a version of that in the 70's and instead of 'Gannin' alang the "Scotswood Rurd" they were "Runnin along the Uxbridge Road - All the lad and lasses there, with there smiling faces, running along the Uxbridge road, to see The Queens Park Rangers"

In 2001 I got ejected from the Arsenal end of the old Bayern ground during the first half of our last second phase group match. I had been heavily on it it with some wonderful Germans in a nearby bar (dedicated to Charlton Athletic of all things) and swapped scarves with one of the aforementioned hun which I wore in the ground. The Polizei assumed that I was one of them and my inability to talk did nothing to persude them of my Englishness and I was thrown out. On a positive note Lyon couldn't beat Spartak and so we qualified for the QFs and we spent the rest of the night is a strip club/brothel with a group of Munich 1860 fans - football eh!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    In 2001 I got ejected from the Arsenal end of the old Bayern ground during the first half of our last second phase group match. I had been heavily on it it with some wonderful Germans in a nearby bar (dedicated to Charlton Athletic of all things) and swapped scarves with one of the aforementioned hun which I wore in the ground. The Polizei assumed that I was one of them and my inability to talk did nothing to persude them of my Englishness and I was thrown out. On a positive note Lyon couldn't beat Spartak and so we qualified for the QFs and we spent the rest of the night is a strip club/brothel with a group of Munich 1860 fans - football eh!!
    This is far from shameful behaviour ti. This is fine work!