Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I left a home game at half time once.

I left a home game at half time once.

It was an evening game against Chelsea. It was pissing with rain and the wind was blowing the water in under the roof. At half time we were 2 down and the second half was only going to go one way... I thought, "Fúck this for a game of tin soldiers" and fúcked off.

I was tucked up nice and warm at home with a glass of something in hand inside an hour.

I REGRET NOTHING!

When were you a bad football supporrter? Confess, you monster! Get it off your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was an evening game against Chelsea. It was pissing with rain and the wind was blowing the water in under the roof. At half time we were 2 down and the second half was only going to go one way... I thought, "Fúck this for a game of tin soldiers" and fúcked off.

I was tucked up nice and warm at home with a glass of something in hand inside an hour.

I REGRET NOTHING!

When were you a bad football supporrter? Confess, you monster! Get it off your chest.
    I can honestly say I've never left a football game early. I have, however, left test matches early, thinking that the opposition were about to pile runs on rather boringly, only for them to collapse the minute I enter the Tube station.

I REGRET NOTHING!

I've only left two games early but only five minutes at most before the end and one I went back in

1 Leeds (h) Dec 1993 - the last throes of George's time, Vince "Coco the ****" Bartram in goal. Phil Masinga double. PHIL MASINGA ffs
    2 Bayern Munich (a) Feb 2005 In the old Olympic Stadium, about -20 and we were three nil down. My mate was whining like a little bitch about the cold so we decided to leave. Just about to go down the steps at the back of stand when there was a roar, went back to see who had go their fourth but in fact Kolo was celebrating

Of course, there are quite a few matches in our Il Bacio days when I might as well have not gone, so little of the games did I recall

I REGRET NOTHING!

I've never left an Arsenal match early. :saint:

I once told a bloke I didn't recognise to get out of our company seats in club level. Only to realise at half time that we were sat in the wrong row.

The bloke apologised and moved. Strange.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I once found myself separated fro my crew surrounded by malicious, malevolent Geordie

I REGRET NOTHING!

thugs who started singing"Arsenal where are you?" I joined in with them c. I pretended to actually be one of them. I am a coward and a poltroon

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    thugs who started singing"Arsenal where are you?" I joined in with them c. I pretended to actually be one of them. I am a coward and a poltroon
    Remember when the police used to divide Tottenham High Road in two - Arsenal down one side and Spurs down the other? I once walked out of WHL with my mate and as we left the stadium we realised that somehow we'd ended up on the wrong side of the road.

The abuse I hurled at Arsenal fans that day had to be heard to be believed

Did you not give yourself away by speaking a language recognisable as English, h?

I once watched us come back from 0-2 down in the Cup from the North Bank of Upton Park. When Merse equalised I jumped in the air and, just as a cheer was about to escape my lips, I managed to strangle it so that it ended up sounding something like 'YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUCUUUUNTTT!'

I still got some fúcking iffy looks.

I got lucky at Boro - similar situation but my red 'n white scarf was like a lot of theirs and, thank feck, I didn't wear any silkies that day. A few got picked off on the way to the station simply because of their silkies - they just didn't do them.

Whoooah there, h.

I have sat on my hands in the home stands at Arsenal away matches in my time . . . but this?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you not give yourself away by speaking a language recognisable as English, h?

I once watched us come back from 0-2 down in the Cup from the North Bank of Upton Park. When Merse equalised I jumped in the air and, just as a cheer was about to escape my lips, I managed to strangle it so that it ended up sounding something like 'YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUCUUUUNTTT!'

I still got some fúcking iffy looks.
    Geordie grandad b. I can do a half decent toon accent and when you're chanting no-one notices