Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any of you fcukers got any last minute marathon advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Looking at your training times you have nothing to worry about, enjoy the day and don't get too hung up on what time you do
    Thanks mate. Yeah I feel in good shape although this taper week is actually harder than most of the long runs I've done. As long as IUFG has such faith in my heart holding up to the challenge, I am okay!

So the heart held up, I didn't quite melt in the heat and managed a very respectable 3:40. Everything went pretty much according to plan, loved every minute of it and can even still walk down stairs today. Still haven't had a beer, 163 days now...

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    So the heart held up, I didn't quite melt in the heat and managed a very respectable 3:40. Everything went pretty much according to plan, loved every minute of it and can even still walk down stairs today. Still haven't had a beer, 163 days now...
    wd marve
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Congrats Marve - on the race not on the whole not having a beer thing. That's just deviancy

You 'enjoyed' running a marathon? You 'still' haven't had a beer?

What is wrong with you man?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Speaking of deviancy - it appears I have to fly on Brussels Airlines in a couple of week. Are they just Sabena rebranded or should I expect something out of Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines, accompanied by the locals chasing the aircraft with pitchforks down the runway?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Speaking of deviancy - it appears I have to fly on Brussels Airlines in a couple of week. Are they just Sabena rebranded or should I expect something out of Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines, accompanied by the locals chasing the aircraft with pitchforks down the runway?
    Just checked their fleet - they appear to be operating some extremely ancient Airbuses

glwtpimo.

Just checked their fleet - they appear to be operating some extremely ancient Airbuses

glwtpimo.
    Better an old Airbus than a new Boeing 737 MAX imo.

I think that's one of Confucius's.

I believe its the runners endorphins or something or other. It can only really go in one direction from here once I taste that first beer. I'll be back to 21 stone in no time.

I believe its the runners endorphins or something or other. It can only really go in one direction from here once I taste that first beer. I'll be back to 21 stone in no time.
    I'm dry Mon-Thu, Marve and you know what the secret is? Alcohol free beer. Heineken Zero is very good. Takes the craving away immediately for me.

And I find that I tend to dive in less than I used to Fri-Sun.

And congrats on the marathon