Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any of you fcukers got any last minute marathon advice?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    3 1/2 hours, impressive. Not that you'll actually start at 8.30, probably take 30 minutes to actually start, so you'll be finishing off in the heat of the midday sun
    I also won't be doing it in 3 1/2 hours to be fair. I've trained for 3:45 and yes as you say by the time I actually get away, it will be more like 9 so I will be out there until near enough 1pm. I should probably pack some sun cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I should probably pack some sun cream.

it'll sweat off.

you'll be as pink as a lobster by the evening, m
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it'll sweat off.

you'll be as pink as a lobster by the evening, m
    I have some pretty olive skin anyway thanks to my Itie heritage. I think I can take a few hours in the February sun.

I have some pretty olive skin anyway thanks to my Itie heritage. I think I can take a few hours in the February sun.
    Good luck with the run, m
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I've turned 40 and as my wife and two children mean I can't afford a sports car, I've opted to run a marathon for my mid life crisis. This Sunday I will be in Seville with 14,000 other people running 26.2 miles as quickly as possible.

So how about it AWIMB? Apart from don't do it, do you have any advice to offer me?
    Dont do it you stoopid ****
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Dont do it you stoopid ****

Well done the pub

Well done the pub
    Good luck
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I've turned 40 and as my wife and two children mean I can't afford a sports car, I've opted to run a marathon for my mid life crisis. This Sunday I will be in Seville with 14,000 other people running 26.2 miles as quickly as possible.

So how about it AWIMB? Apart from don't do it, do you have any advice to offer me?
    No advice but glwtp

Looking at your training times you have nothing to worry about, enjoy the day and don't get too hung up on what time you do
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Looking at your training times you have nothing to worry about, enjoy the day and don't get too hung up on what time you do
    Thanks mate. Yeah I feel in good shape although this taper week is actually harder than most of the long runs I've done. As long as IUFG has such faith in my heart holding up to the challenge, I am okay!