Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you fcukers got any last minute marathon advice?

Any of you fcukers got any last minute marathon advice?

I've turned 40 and as my wife and two children mean I can't afford a sports car, I've opted to run a marathon for my mid life crisis. This Sunday I will be in Seville with 14,000 other people running 26.2 miles as quickly as possible.

So how about it AWIMB? Apart from don't do it, do you have any advice to offer me?

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I've turned 40 and as my wife and two children mean I can't afford a sports car, I've opted to run a marathon for my mid life crisis. This Sunday I will be in Seville with 14,000 other people running 26.2 miles as quickly as possible.

So how about it AWIMB? Apart from don't do it, do you have any advice to offer me?
    23C, lots of water and take your time. Know 2 people who've done themselves serious damage doing the London one.

Oh, glwtp

will there be plenty of defibrillators en route, m?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    will there be plenty of defibrillators en route, m?
    I've generally found you only need one. I mean its not like they let you carry on with the race after using one, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    23C, lots of water and take your time. Know 2 people who've done themselves serious damage doing the London one.

Oh, glwtp
    23C once the day is at it's hottest. 11C when it starts at 8:30. I'll be done by midday and enjoying a beer in the shade.

I've generally found you only need one. I mean its not like they let you carry on with the race after using one, is it?
    well, you don't want to be 13 miles from the nearest one, m...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

well, you don't want to be 13 miles from the nearest one, m...
    You think I will make it that far? Thanks for your confidence IUFG.

You think I will make it that far? Thanks for your confidence IUFG.
    I'm sure you'll breeze it, m.

Without incident. Apart from the chafing and the bleeding nipples.

Get some Glide.

23C once the day is at it's hottest. 11C when it starts at 8:30. I'll be done by midday and enjoying a beer in the shade.
    3 1/2 hours, impressive. Not that you'll actually start at 8.30, probably take 30 minutes to actually start, so you'll be finishing off in the heat of the midday sun

I'm sure you'll breeze it, m.

Without incident. Apart from the chafing and the bleeding nipples.

Get some Glide.
    Already got it and although I have used it a few times, to check it out sort of thing, I have not had a single bit of chafing or bleeding nipples in over 550 miles of training in the last 16 weeks. I will whack a load on for Sunday though, just to be sure.