Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any of you fcukers got any last minute marathon advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No advice but glwtp
    I've been without drinking for 158 days now as part of my training for this. I'd say you should try it some time, but I won't, I miss drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I've been without drinking for 158 days now as part of my training for this. I'd say you should try it some time, but I won't, I miss drinking.
    I used to do that - now it just seems like a futile gesture in a mad, mad world

I used to do that - now it just seems like a futile gesture in a mad, mad world
    I met you once when you were off the booze, training for a charity run I think. You were too sober to remember it I reckon.

Very beardy I seem to recall, hope that was for charity as well!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I met you once when you were off the booze, training for a charity run I think. You were too sober to remember it I reckon.

Very beardy I seem to recall, hope that was for charity as well!
    It rings a bell -definitely met you when I wasn't off the booze as well though

It rings a bell -definitely met you when I wasn't off the booze as well though
    C'mon LA, you know you can name the opponents, scorers etc on both those occasions. Or if there was more than two.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

So the heart held up, I didn't quite melt in the heat and managed a very respectable 3:40. Everything went pretty much according to plan, loved every minute of it and can even still walk down stairs today. Still haven't had a beer, 163 days now...

So the heart held up, I didn't quite melt in the heat and managed a very respectable 3:40. Everything went pretty much according to plan, loved every minute of it and can even still walk down stairs today. Still haven't had a beer, 163 days now...
    wd marve
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Congrats Marve - on the race not on the whole not having a beer thing. That's just deviancy

You 'enjoyed' running a marathon? You 'still' haven't had a beer?

What is wrong with you man?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You 'enjoyed' running a marathon? You 'still' haven't had a beer?

What is wrong with you man?
    Speaking of deviancy - it appears I have to fly on Brussels Airlines in a couple of week. Are they just Sabena rebranded or should I expect something out of Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines, accompanied by the locals chasing the aircraft with pitchforks down the runway?