Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon's exotic sex life

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Stop trying to make me read girl's books!

I just got a big book on the siege of somewhere unpronounceable in Poland in WW1. That's a proper man's book.
    It sounds perfectly ghastly.

I've just reached a bit where Villy, needing a new frock for Louise's wedding but lacking the coupons, is going to Liberty to seek a suitable table cloth from which to fashion a dress, since linen and tablewear aren't on the ration! Shrood.

I'm with child to learn what she finds. I'm thinking... damask, maybe? Cheesecloth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It sounds perfectly ghastly.

I've just reached a bit where Villy, needing a new frock for Louise's wedding but lacking the coupons, is going to Liberty to seek a suitable table cloth from which to fashion a dress, since linen and tablewear aren't on the ration! Shrood.

I'm with child to learn what she finds. I'm thinking... damask, maybe? Cheesecloth?
    Will there be a graphic description of the wedding night, during which Louise is summarily deflowered by her brute of a husband? Anything good like that?

Will there be a graphic description of the wedding night, during which Louise is summarily deflowered by her brute of a husband? Anything good like that?
    Good Lord no. I'm four books in and, on the rare occasions that that sort of thing must be addressed, we are merely reminded what a chore the poor ladies find it and with what good grace they submit for the sake of their husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good Lord no. I'm four books in and, on the rare occasions that that sort of thing must be addressed, we are merely reminded what a chore the poor ladies find it and with what good grace they submit for the sake of their husbands.
    So no sex, no violence, no car chases - just a lot of bourgeois tarts wittering on about dresses?

Fúck. That. Shít.

Stop trying to make me read girl's books!

I just got a big book on the siege of somewhere unpronounceable in Poland in WW1. That's a proper man's book.
    Speaking of recent mil-hist books, what's your take on Dresden?

Bombing the fück out of their cities meant that 30% of the manpower, 50% of the artillery and 70% of the aircraft were withdrawn from the Eastern Front for home defence.

So killing Kraut civilians saved the lives of our ally's soldiers. Of course we should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Bombing the fück out of their cities meant that 30% of the manpower, 50% of the artillery and 70% of the aircraft were withdrawn from the Eastern Front for home defence.

So killing Kraut civilians saved the lives of our ally's soldiers. Of course we should do it.
    Have you read the Cazalet Chronicles, g? I recommend them. Important works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I'm pretty relaxed about Dresden because it happened in a sincere attempt to end a war we didn't start more quickly, which could only be a good thing. The fault lies with the Nazi regime for continuing a doomed war, not with those who did what they could to bring it to an end. The idea that we should get all upset about the deliberate killing of civilians after six years of total war suggests that critics didn't really understand the concept of total war.

And as for the yanks titting on about 'Precision Bombing' and tut-tutting about Dresden when they were killing hundreds of thousands in Tokyo firestorms, they can fúck off.

I'm pretty relaxed about Dresden because it happened in a sincere attempt to end a war we didn't start more quickly, which could only be a good thing. The fault lies with the Nazi regime for continuing a doomed war, not with those who did what they could to bring it to an end. The idea that we should get all upset about the deliberate killing of civilians after six years of total war suggests that critics didn't really understand the concept of total war.

And as for the yanks titting on about 'Precision Bombing' and tut-tutting about Dresden when they were killing hundreds of thousands in Tokyo firestorms, they can fúck off.
    Agree with all that.

We could have knackered the Nazis in the winter of '39/40 had we bombed the fück out of the Saarland and Rhine industrial areas, but we didn't want to be the ones who started the bombing of civilians.

The Nazis started it by accident during the Battle of Britain, when their bombers overshot the airfields and bombed London by mistake.

But Speer said that if we'd done a Dresden every night for five nights on the trot then the war would have ended. We should have pushed harder, imo.

That’s funny...saw a video yesterday with Joe Rogan talking about Dresden and looking at before / after shots

Whats with Dresden lately? Did I miss something...

-

Also google Iron Bottom Sound and look at the ships sunk there...that’s some hit list for a stretch of water imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    That’s funny...saw a video yesterday with Joe Rogan talking about Dresden and looking at before / after shots

Whats with Dresden lately? Did I miss something...

-

Also google Iron Bottom Sound and look at the ships sunk there...that’s some hit list for a stretch of water imo
    75th anniversary, t.