Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This weekend I have mostly found out that someone called Caroline Flack existed

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It is the way they report these actions that is the issue, this has been going on for sometime with her, and I will repeat it again, it was obvious to anyone who knew her (and that will include the press) that she had serious mental health issues.
    Perhaps all public figures should be certified and risk rated so that the press know when they can report news on individuals and when it cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Perhaps all public figures should be certified and risk rated so that the press know when they can report news on individuals and when it cannot.
    My god you are some sort of idiot.

The press knew she had issues, the fact they continued to report on it the way they did is the bigger issue
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yes i do mean what you said, and how they report it is completly over the top, always has been and since social media took off it has become worse. She was obviously a troubled individual but that didn't cause the press to back off in the slightest.

And I am perfectly aware what the law states on domestic violence, she was more than likely guilty, but from what I can gather she has inflicted serious injuries on herself on the evening in question, so again, it was fairly obvious that she had serious mental health issues.
    If that were the case, she ought to have been sectioned for her own good. That's not down to the press.

It is the way they report these actions that is the issue, this has been going on for sometime with her, and I will repeat it again, it was obvious to anyone who knew her (and that will include the press) that she had serious mental health issues.
    And I would repeat that if that was the case, it was up to the authorities and her family to protect her from herself.

She worked on a show that exploited stupid, vain, young people by placing them under the microscope for public entertainment. Some couldn't cope and killed themselves. They'd committed no crimes and received no protection. But she, as someone who was complicit in this shít should have been treated more carefully because she was famous? Bóllocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The trouble with objecting to the antics of the gutter press is that there is no solution to it. If one could transplant some simple human decency into journalists they might behave like decent human beings but... have you ever met a journalist?
    How is Barney in these winds?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, can't see how that might be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    and that I should apparently be sad that she no longer does.

I hate it when this sort of thing happens. It forces me to confront aspects of popular culture I've spent years deliberately avoiding.

I'd never heard of her before the weekend. Still not really sure who she is or, more importantly, what she has done.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

How is Barney in these winds?
    He's fine. He's ignoring his shelter completely and standing out in the wind and rain grazing happily. My new friends on horsey fora (where I tend to hang out these days, of course) tell me that this is quite normal for rugged UK natives such as Barney.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's fine. He's ignoring his shelter completely and standing out in the wind and rain grazing happily. My new friends on horsey fora (where I tend to hang out these days, of course) tell me that this is quite normal for rugged UK natives such as Barney.
    He's a tough, manly, British horse, who's so hard he probably doesn't even notice when it's raining.

Not like theses effeminate, poncey, foreign horses who need the central heating on at a constant 30 degrees.

and that I should apparently be sad that she no longer does.

I hate it when this sort of thing happens. It forces me to confront aspects of popular culture I've spent years deliberately avoiding.
    I knew of her many years ago of being the presenter of the FASH FC games on Bravo.