Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend I have mostly found out that someone called Caroline Flack existed

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Apparently she was terrified about the use of police body cam footage at the trail. Presumably she was behaving like a psychopath.

Do we think that there would be this outpouring of grief had it been a guy committing suicide after beating his girlfriend to within an inch of her life? The press sure aren’t perfect but I see them reporting nothing but facts in this case.
    How strange that aa doctor is taking an issue of mental health so lightly.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Sorry, but are you suggesting that reporters ought to soft-pedal stories about the criminal behaviour of public figures just in case they huff off and top themselves?

I'm not sure that a willingness to give in to emotional blackmail is a good basis for a free press.

I don't think he is. He makes a valid point (for once), if it had been reversed, her fella would have been vilified

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    and that I should apparently be sad that she no longer does.

I hate it when this sort of thing happens. It forces me to confront aspects of popular culture I've spent years deliberately avoiding.
    I'm not quite in your league as I did somehow know the name, but nothing more about her so I can still be very proud imo.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sorry, but are you suggesting that reporters ought to soft-pedal stories about the criminal behaviour of public figures just in case they huff off and top themselves?

I'm not sure that a willingness to give in to emotional blackmail is a good basis for a free press.
    She has been hounded by the press for the last few months, she was obviously suffering sever mental health issues (threats to kill herself, self harm) , and as far as i'm aware she hadn't been found guilty of anything. Her boyfirend (who was very drunk at the time) called the police, anmd who also didn't want her charged, so who knows what she had done and what she hadn't done.

She has been hounded by the press for the last few months, she was obviously suffering sever mental health issues (threats to kill herself, self harm) , and as far as i'm aware she hadn't been found guilty of anything. Her boyfirend (who was very drunk at the time) called the police, anmd who also didn't want her charged, so who knows what she had done and what she hadn't done.
    Doesn't matter that he withdrew the complaint, CPS believed they would get a conviction. She was also given a restraining order initially.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Doesn't matter that he withdrew the complaint, CPS believed they would get a conviction. She was also given a restraining order initially.
    Correct, but she has been hounded by the press when they kneww full well of her mental health issues, that is also a fact. There is the usual talk that things will change, but they won't, the press try to sell papers/advertising/click bait so they won't give a damn, ont the next celeb and damn the consequences

Correct, but she has been hounded by the press when they kneww full well of her mental health issues, that is also a fact. There is the usual talk that things will change, but they won't, the press try to sell papers/advertising/click bait so they won't give a damn, ont the next celeb and damn the consequences

Most celebs are raging narcissistic personality disordered cnuts, who absolutely love the attention when it is fanning the flames of their celebrity.

The moment the adulation turns into a bit of criticism, won't they all play the mental health card?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Most celebs are raging narcissistic personality disordered cnuts, who absolutely love the attention when it is fanning the flames of their celebrity.

The moment the adulation turns into a bit of criticism, won't they all play the mental health card?
    No, as we have seen previously most of them don't.

No, as we have seen previously most of them don't.
    ah, but with the possible introduction of #Carolineslaw ?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”