Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm claiming that for my reverse jinxing. Ozil was good today - fair play to Arteta

I'm claiming that for my reverse jinxing. Ozil was good today - fair play to Arteta

for not taking him off until he'd scored.

So nice to see him smiling with Laca at the end.

All I will say is how isolated Saka was. He made the 2nd all on his own, but he could really do with Gabby out wide with him.

The best we've looked under MA before toady was with those two on the left and Xhaka dropping into LB when they attacked. {This got the best out of GX, too. He could play as a deep lying playmaker from there, but wasn't just standing still in the middle of the park when opponents strolled past him.}

Next match, just swap Gabby for Eddie, imo. Ceballos was ok, too. With GX and Ozil, that's three skillful passers.

Pépé was goal, assist and pre-assist and lazy Ozil charging forward in the 89th minute to start and finish a move. That's more like it. I just worry about Saka only having 18 months left on his contract.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    for not taking him off until he'd scored.

So nice to see him smiling with Laca at the end.

All I will say is how isolated Saka was. He made the 2nd all on his own, but he could really do with Gabby out wide with him.

The best we've looked under MA before toady was with those two on the left and Xhaka dropping into LB when they attacked. {This got the best out of GX, too. He could play as a deep lying playmaker from there, but wasn't just standing still in the middle of the park when opponents strolled past him.}

Next match, just swap Gabby for Eddie, imo. Ceballos was ok, too. With GX and Ozil, that's three skillful passers.

Pépé was goal, assist and pre-assist and lazy Ozil charging forward in the 89th minute to start and finish a move. That's more like it. I just worry about Saka only having 18 months left on his contract.....
    Graham Souness saying Ozil doesn't put in the hard yards. FFS. He burst forward in the 89th minute and started and finished the move. He's not lazy. He just doesn't waste his energy. He makes me happy with the sexy foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Graham Souness saying Ozil doesn't put in the hard yards. FFS. He burst forward in the 89th minute and started and finished the move. He's not lazy. He just doesn't waste his energy. He makes me happy with the sexy foot.
    Souness is an idiot, I used to like him but now he just says the same thing.

I pretty much watched Ozil the entire game, he was constantlky getting into great spaces between midfield and back line and thankfully with Ceballos being to pass, he was far more involved. He does this all the time but no one finds him with a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Souness is an idiot, I used to like him but now he just says the same thing.

I pretty much watched Ozil the entire game, he was constantlky getting into great spaces between midfield and back line and thankfully with Ceballos being to pass, he was far more involved. He does this all the time but no one finds him with a pass.
    Yeah, it's almost like Ozil hasn't got lazier, it's just he needs players around him on his level, like when Santi and Alexis played with him.