Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Valentine's Day. Anyone do or will later be doing anything?

Valentine's Day. Anyone do or will later be doing anything?

I just did my usual and wrote my Parvati a sonnet.

Either I'm a tightwad and writing a sonnet in the early hours is no different to a dash to the service station for flowers.

Or Coleridge was right and boshing loads of drugs can allow you to enter a state where the Divine will channel His poetry through you to a greater or lesser degree.

{Obviously I wasn't off it enough to go the full Kubla Khan but you can still get the odd little pointer in the right direction.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I just did my usual and wrote my Parvati a sonnet.

Either I'm a tightwad and writing a sonnet in the early hours is no different to a dash to the service station for flowers.

Or Coleridge was right and boshing loads of drugs can allow you to enter a state where the Divine will channel His poetry through you to a greater or lesser degree.

{Obviously I wasn't off it enough to go the full Kubla Khan but you can still get the odd little pointer in the right direction.}
    A card. Glw is taking the girls to watch Frozen 2 later, so I can watch the T20 match in peace

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    A card. Glw is taking the girls to watch Frozen 2 later, so I can watch the T20 match in peace
    That's very nice of her.

I often make the glw a card, using this free photoshop thing called GIMP. {It was great when I found out how to take a part of the image and make the rest transparent so I could move the bits around and layer them up.}

I'd then print it out, cut it to size and printstick it to blank card I bought a pack of online.

Worked out a lot cheaper, too. A personalised card with a printed sonnet stuck to the inside.

Enjoy the T20.