Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Philip Schofield

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Was it a pint glass? I've never liked urinating into receptacles. You can never be sure if you're going to end up overflowing.
    We always used a champagne bucket in the back of my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We always used a champagne bucket in the back of my truck.
    Revolting crusty animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Revolting crusty animals.
    Never have any overspill problems with one of those.

Give it a rinse, fill it with ice cubes and it chills your La Grande Dame*.

Before mobiles became ubiquitous, we had some walkie-talkies for a little while so we could communicate between the cab and the back of the truck. But otherwise, you were in the back until the driver and cab crew decided to pull into a services for a pit stop or a change of driver. So you needed something which could be guaranteed not to spill. A few of us used them.

*Vintage Veuve Cliq is our preferred champers. Though only rarely, due to price. Normally drank the NV. But in St Martin in the Carib, on the Dutch side {Sint Maarten} where all the US tourists go, every corner shop would have Dom Pérignon which the crack heads would nick and sell you for 5 dols. You'd then have to stick it in the freezer and wait. And a watched DP bottle never chills, in my experience. Tastes like pîss, though. Would rather have a NV VCP. The vintage Perrier-Jouët - Belle Epoque - had a nice painted bottle. And Laurent Perrier Rosé was alright. But with La Grande Dame, the bubbles turn to cream in your mouth.

Well no story coming out about him giving Holly one over the years was very suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    always knew it.
    On a separate subject Pat, I've just scored a Soldano