Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: FimreviewWimb.

FimreviewWimb.

Bait.

Much lauded by the critics, this tale of a Cornish fishing village dealing with the decline of the traditional fishing industry and the influx of wealthy Londoners was shot on black and white 16mm film using a clockwork camera, with the sound dubbed in afterwards.

Kermode, Bradshaw and other critics fell over themselves to praise this debut from Mark Jenkin.

It was shíte.

I was rather pleased to read the two-word review of one disgrnutled cinema-goer: 'Baffling and odious.'

Never believe a film critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Bait.

Much lauded by the critics, this tale of a Cornish fishing village dealing with the decline of the traditional fishing industry and the influx of wealthy Londoners was shot on black and white 16mm film using a clockwork camera, with the sound dubbed in afterwards.

Kermode, Bradshaw and other critics fell over themselves to praise this debut from Mark Jenkin.

It was shíte.

I was rather pleased to read the two-word review of one disgrnutled cinema-goer: 'Baffling and odious.'

What have I always told you

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What have I always told you
    I know, I know... they get me every time. The trouble is that occasionally they're correct.

Bait.

It was shíte.

Sounds like you'd be better off watching the bbc2 doc on the same thing 'This Fishing Life' At least that's in colour and not too bad.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Where did you go to watch it? Picturehouse in Bromley? Did you take the bus? Was there room for your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Sounds like you'd be better off watching the bbc2 doc on the same thing 'This Fishing Life' At least that's in colour and not too bad.
    I'd have been better off sticking needles into my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Where did you go to watch it? Picturehouse in Bromley? Did you take the bus? Was there room for your wife?
    Saucy fellow.

Bait.

It was shíte.

Kermode is a pretentious wánker, I'm afraid. I remember him going mental for 'A Field In England'. So I watched it and turned out to be tedious, incoherent nonsense. There was another one - Beasts Of The Southern Wild, I think? Anyway, Kermode practically came in my ears talking about how wonderful it was. Naturally, it was utter, utter toss.

I know, I know... they get me every time. The trouble is that occasionally they're correct.
    Increasingly rarely in Kermode's case. He's got worse since he's gone fully woke. This led to him trying to make out that lady Ghostbusters was good just because loads of blokes said it would be crap - which it obviously was.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Kermode is a pretentious wánker, I'm afraid. I remember him going mental for 'A Field In England'. So I watched it and turned out to be tedious, incoherent nonsense. There was another one - Beasts Of The Southern Wild, I think? Anyway, Kermode practically came in my ears talking about how wonderful it was. Naturally, it was utter, utter toss.
    General rule of thumb is, if Kermode likes it, I won't and vice versa