Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris goes where no politician dares to tread and acknowledges the unique evil of

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I need an idea for a lowish carb, lowish calorie dinner tonight. The ingredients I have are: a half side of salmon, some lemons, some frozen peas, a swede and staples such as onions, garlic and cupboard stuff.

Any bright ideas?
    Well the first thing is to take the swede, chop it into bite-size pieces and give the fúcking thing to the horse.

Beyond that, roast the salmon, serve with lemon and tarragon butter sauce with a pea purée on the side.

Yes, he definitely should have fixed everything by now. Definitely.

I’m coming up norf on Thursday. Is it frozen up there? Do you know a good spot in Leyburn for lunch?
    bit of a chill, but to you soft southern sorts it will feel like the frozen North...and Leyburn is always colder than anywhere else.

From what little i know of Leyburn, it has been mentioned to me that the Saddle Room and the Sandpiper are both very good
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well the first thing is to take the swede, chop it into bite-size pieces and give the fúcking thing to the horse.

Beyond that, roast the salmon, serve with lemon and tarragon butter sauce with a pea purée on the side.
    Salmon and peas. It’s not really a meal, is it? It wants, you know. Chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    bit of a chill, but to you soft southern sorts it will feel like the frozen North...and Leyburn is always colder than anywhere else.

From what little i know of Leyburn, it has been mentioned to me that the Saddle Room and the Sandpiper are both very good
    Nice, thank you. I’ll check those out.

Nice, thank you. I’ll check those out.
    Don't blame me if not up to your standard...if they are good, then it was all my idea
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Salmon and peas. It’s not really a meal, is it? It wants, you know. Chips.
    OK, then. Do you have beans in the cupboard? If so, mash them up, mix with some softened vegetable bits (beans, peas, peppers, onions, sweetcorn, whatever), season with stuff like onion powder, etc and fry gently as patties until golden brown.

Even Herb was able to cook these and claimed to enjoy them when I gave him the recipe.

OK, then. Do you have beans in the cupboard? If so, mash them up, mix with some softened vegetable bits (beans, peas, peppers, onions, sweetcorn, whatever), season with stuff like onion powder, etc and fry gently as patties until golden brown.

Even Herb was able to cook these and claimed to enjoy them when I gave him the recipe.
    Beans have got carbs, haven’t they?

Beans have got carbs, haven’t they?
    Not bad ones.

Not bad ones.
    And also, what do you think peas are?

And also, what do you think peas are?
    Legumes, surely?