Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So I feel I ought to mark Brexit Day with a nice dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    that is a great greasy spoon, sc. Though that roundabout outside is a leeeetel beeet Russian Roulette as no-one ever seems to indicate whether they are turning into the services or going straight on. Cnuts.
    I went there a few months ago. It was the glw's first experience of such an establishment.

She eyed the clientele nervously and at one point asked me plaintively, "Are we actually allowed to be in here?" Like there was some sort of working class test which we would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    D'you know, I'm not entirely sure. I just remember seeing it on the menu and promising myself that next time...
    Chips and beans with a fry-up is an absolute disgrace and really filthy, but very nice. I like to break up an egg yolk in the beans, squirt in some ketchup and then just cover the chips in it.

I went there a few months ago. It was the glw's first experience of such an establishment.

She eyed the clientele nervously and at one point asked me plaintively, "Are we actually allowed to be in here?" Like there was some sort of working class test which we would fail.
    It must be nice for the lorry drivers to meet a woman they don't then go on to murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Chips and beans with a fry-up is an absolute disgrace and really filthy, but very nice. I like to break up an egg yolk in the beans, squirt in some ketchup and then just cover the chips in it.
    I'm going to be absolutely honest and tell you what I am most looking forward to:

The egg atop the fried slice.
    The fatty end of the bacon.
    The sub-Richmond quality extruded pink mystery-meat 'sausage'.
    Mopping the plate with the sqidgy Mother's Pride slice.

Back in 5.

I'm going to be absolutely honest and tell you what I am most looking forward to:

The egg atop the fried slice.
    The fatty end of the bacon.
    The sub-Richmond quality extruded pink mystery-meat 'sausage'.
    Mopping the plate with the sqidgy Mother's Pride slice.

Back in 5.
    A fry up is the one thing that I eat in the Masterchef style of trying to get a bit of everything on my fork. Bit of egg, black pudding, sausage, bacon, dab of ketchup - bang!

Liquid dinner of 24 Stellas at your local Spoon. Perhaps while watching a collection of Mark Francois best speeches.