Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: May I assume that as a modicum of solidarity

May I assume that as a modicum of solidarity

and also surmising that most of y'all are neutrals that you will cast your support to my Chiefs for the Super Bowl?

I can't help but think of Fever Pitch's Paul Ashworth whinging about the lack of an Arsenal First Division title. "18 years! 18 years!" Well, it's been 50 YEARS since we even had a shot at the trophy. Paul, you need medical help!

Must confess, as the clock ticked down the other Sunday with our trip to the Super Bowl secure a ton of memories flooded in. So many good times, so much heartbreak. All the players, the friends I went with and those I only saw at the games. Family memories are so tightly intertwined with the Kansas City Chiefs. I am not ashamed to say that I got a bit emotional. Still am when I think about it, really.

Anyway, I've been on here for 20+ of those 50 years and at this stage it is only the Chiefs and The Arsenal that I can say I truly will not miss a game when they play. I gave up my season tickets about 12 years ago and only travel to KC for a few of the 8 regular season games these days. But it is in my DNA. If the Arsenal is like that for you -- you understand.

Cheers, friends and GO CHIEFS!

Go Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    and also surmising that most of y'all are neutrals that you will cast your support to my Chiefs for the Super Bowl?

I can't help but think of Fever Pitch's Paul Ashworth whinging about the lack of an Arsenal First Division title. "18 years! 18 years!" Well, it's been 50 YEARS since we even had a shot at the trophy. Paul, you need medical help!

Must confess, as the clock ticked down the other Sunday with our trip to the Super Bowl secure a ton of memories flooded in. So many good times, so much heartbreak. All the players, the friends I went with and those I only saw at the games. Family memories are so tightly intertwined with the Kansas City Chiefs. I am not ashamed to say that I got a bit emotional. Still am when I think about it, really.

Anyway, I've been on here for 20+ of those 50 years and at this stage it is only the Chiefs and The Arsenal that I can say I truly will not miss a game when they play. I gave up my season tickets about 12 years ago and only travel to KC for a few of the 8 regular season games these days. But it is in my DNA. If the Arsenal is like that for you -- you understand.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Hope your boys win, mate. Think it's a woeful sport, but hope you get the trophy and it feels like Anfield '89 for you. Do you have any players called Michael or Thomas in point-scoring positions? I reckon you'll be 4 pts behind with under a minute left and will then score a try or whatever it's called. Touchdown. That's it. You don't use your feet to play the ball* and you don't touch it down. You Septics are really good with the English language.

Anyway, hope you win it. When is it? What time's kick off? Oh, and where do they play it? Do you have a national stadium like Wembley/Twickenham? How many does it hold, and how much do tickets cost? Who are you playing and are they any good? Has Kronky's team had a shît season due to him not buying any players?

*Can you score a drop goal like you can in rugby, from open play? If so, you should have signed Johnny Wilkinson. A nailed on 3 pts every time you get into their half.

Good luck Chief - thought about you when I saw the score the other day. Probably won't be able to watch but hope you win

Fingers crossed eh....

Good luck Chief.