Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nicholas Parsons gone.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Colman's mustard too, b.

then that really is it, tbh.

Come to think of it. Colman's might have fcked off by now (or at least be in the process of doing so)
    I like Norwich. Some cracking pubs and a top, top-quality cathedral.

What's that pub just behind the cathedral? 750 years old or somesuch? That's a nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Man Utd fan from Wandsworth Hanging's too good for him.

"Fail of the Century" - nice
    Wandsworth? I thought he was Croydon?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

What's that pub just behind the cathedral? 750 years old or somesuch? That's a nice place.
    The Maid's Head?

Not been to Norwich for a while. There is a church at on most street corners, though most are now book/charity/coffee shops now.

Fun fact: Hitler had ear-marked the CityHall has his residency once he had invaded Britain
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The Maid's Head?

Not been to Norwich for a while. There is a church at on most street corners, though most are now book/charity/coffee shops now.

Fun fact: Hitler had ear-marked the CityHall has his residency once he had invaded Britain
    No, I looked it up. It's this won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Eve,_Norwich

I did know that. Oddly enough, I think it was mentioned in an Alan Partridge spoof documentary.

No, I looked it up. It's this won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Eve,_Norwich

I did know that. Oddly enough, I think it was mentioned in an Alan Partridge spoof documentary.
    Never been in there. Then again I don't go that often.

A visit to the Chapelfield shopping centre was the last time I was there. Deep fúcking joy...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Wandsworth? I thought he was Croydon?
    You're right - I looked it up in Wiki. But according to a by piece by him in the New Yorker he grew in Croydon. I would post a link but I am sure you wouldn't want to read it

A visit to the Chapelfield shopping centre was the last time I was there. Deep fúcking joy...
    I may go there in May to visit my chum who lives on a boat. I may not stay on his boat, though. I may get a hotel. I'm far too old to sleep on canal boats.

It is nice - my cousin works at the cathedral, actually got married there. We stayed in a b&b in the green behind it. Went on a substantive research mission to the pubs. Very impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You're right - I looked it up in Wiki. But according to a by piece by him in the New Yorker he grew in Croydon. I would post a link but I am sure you wouldn't want to read it
    I read it anyway. Imagine drinking in a soulless former bank like The Spread Eagle when the Dog and Bull is five minutes' walk away. And nobody in their right mind would drink in a Wetherspoon's like The Richmal Crompton.

Silly c'nt.

My experience of Norwich is a pub near the ground which I'm pretty sure is long gone and also the Compleat Angler, a nice pre-match píss up in the sun by the river
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'