Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another decent performance for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It was strange the way that Xhaka was playing left of a back 3 when we had the ball, while Hector was an inside-right (as opposed to central) midfielder, while Saka and Gab were playing as twin left wings.

If Hector and Coni {Pépé} can learn to dovetail effectively, we could be in business. Arsène always got the best out of attacking fullbacks while Dick didn't. Especially as Ozil often drifts out to the right wing. We could then overload them there like we used to do on the left with Titi, Bobby and Cashley.
    I say that as an homage to Herbert Chapman (Bless) we use Portsmouth to whip out the W-M formation. It would work!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    I say that as an homage to Herbert Chapman (Bless) we use Portsmouth to whip out the W-M formation. It would work!
    Good idea. Though apparently, the W was a small w with the centre point withdrawn.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...erbert-chapman

Laca would fit this perfectly. Xhaka at left back like last night. Hector and LT11 as DMs. Saka and Ozil as inside forwards. Pépé and Gabby as wingers.

Though really we should play a 3-3-1-3.

Xhaka and 2CHs. Saka, LT11 and HB. Ozil. Front 3.

I like the way GX played that role last night. It suited him. He's probably as good at defending against a winger as young Saka is. His left foot is great for spreading the play. And it allows Saka and Gabby to overlap, while Hector tucks in as an inside half back.

Doesn't Pep play with 2 FBs tucking in as extra MFs?