Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well done the Arsenal - although this is probably another one of those Ozil

Well done the Arsenal - although this is probably another one of those Ozil

performances that we’re supposed to forget as the Awimb football intelligentsia assure us he is our best player and any manager who can’t get the best out of him isn’t doing his job.

Perhaps it’s time to accept that he’s part of the problem at Arsenal and not part of the solution.

I’d sell him at the first opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    performances that we’re supposed to forget as the Awimb football intelligentsia assure us he is our best player and any manager who can’t get the best out of him isn’t doing his job.

Perhaps it’s time to accept that he’s part of the problem at Arsenal and not part of the solution.

I reckon they’ve been trying to sell him since the week after giving him that contract.

That’s why we were ok with 10 men we used to playing like that when ozil was on.
    That’s why he has to take him off then it was like we had a full team

No, but tell us again how good Emery was and how we really needed to keep faith with him to the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, but tell us again how good Emery was and how we really needed to keep faith with him to the end of the season.
    Guffaw....

100% pass completion and not really fair on him, he's hardly suited to playing when down to 10 men. Always been a luxury player

Ozil needs players around him who are of his level. Look how we played when him, Santi and Alexis played triangles like Cesc, Rosicky and Nasri used to do.

There were a couple of times yesterday when he'd dropped into a pocket of space out right, and played a perfect first time little pass to Pépé (and someone else) which had set it up perfectly for them to play the ball to him in the space he'd moved into on the edge of the box. A Santi or Alexis would have got the ball back to him as he intended.

Look at the goals recently, where he's played the pre-assist or the ball before that. Always first time, always perfectly weighted, and into a position that opens up the defence.

In AW's last season, Ozil and Xhaka were 2nd and 4th in the most completed passes in the opponents half. Because we had two wide men who would just keep the ball moving, allowing them to find space and do damage.

Pépé and Martinelli are more direct, though when they have FBs to work with, and learn to play with them, they might also learn to play triangles with him and the FB.

We could also do with a Santi or Rosicky in the Xhaka role. We should never have let Santi go.

Ironically, if we are playing 3 forwards, then Rambo would be great in the Ozil role. More work in MF, but can arrive late in the box to score.