Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alyson Rudd of the Times assures me that VAR rightly confirmed that it wasn't a pen

Alyson Rudd of the Times assures me that VAR rightly confirmed that it wasn't a pen

when that Sheffield United defender kicked his leg out and hit Pepe's leg as he tried to get by him in the box.

Alyson Rudd is a stupid c*nt. And VAR is a pile of sh1t. And Mike Dean deserves a violent and painful death.

Let no man contradict these truths

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    when that Sheffield United defender kicked his leg out and hit Pepe's leg as he tried to get by him in the box.

Alyson Rudd is a stupid c*nt. And VAR is a pile of sh1t. And Mike Dean deserves a violent and painful death.

Couldn't believe that when I read it yesterday. I agree entirely with those statements. Although it is quite possible that Atkinson was watching a different game. He really is a useless ****. See also Pepe v Bournemouth

They were never going to overrule Mike Dean in his big 500th game. 500 games for that ****? About 450 of them have been against us.

Arteta is slowly improving Pepe though. Next season the front three will be Saka, Martinelli and Pepe

What do birds know about football? 2 sugars love

10*******charactherssurely

Whilst we have, in large parts, been absolute shít this season; I do feel we have also been a leeetel beeet unlucky with deflections and also been on the wrong end of some VAR nonsense.

Wenger out!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    10*******charactherssurely
    Well, these days, everything apparently ..👍

The appalling implementation of VAR does smack of the football authorities having looked at the way other sports have successfully deployed video evidence and arrogantly refusing to heed any of the lessons learned. It is genuinely the worst use of the technology imaginable.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-20-2020 at 09:43 AM.

It isn't necessarily VAR that is **** but its implementation. Naturally, our referees association or whatever they are, are a total pile of cund with Mike Riley in charge.

Purely out of academic interest, what did Alyson Rudd actually say?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    It isn't necessarily VAR that is **** but its implementation. Naturally, our referees association or whatever they are, are a total pile of cund with Mike Riley in charge.

Purely out of academic interest, what did Alyson Rudd actually say?
    Quite so. The first rule of this should have been that it should take both the referral and the decision out of the hands of the on-field official. Their decisions are always going to be subject to confirmation bias. It should be based on the right of the on-field captains to appeal decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Quite so. The first rule of this should have been that it should take both the referral and the decision out of the hands of the on-field official. Their decisions are always going to be subject to confirmation bias. It should be based on the right of the on-field captains to appeal decisions.
    Bank House review:

The 273 from St Mary Cray Station Approach takes 10 minutes and stops right outside the restaurant. 10/10, excellent service, although not cheasp at £1.50 per head. Each way.

Bank House is nice and buzzy, front of house excellent (he's the owner so he ought to be), service knowlegable and enthusastic. They mixed an excellent Negroni and a Cosmopolitan. 'Small plates' menu - everything chosen was extremely good. They recommended 2 - 3 per person. We ordered 3 per person and then desserts and weren't stuffed... the bill to include a bottle of decent Montalcino from the extensive but expensive wine list and a glass of Takaji came to over £150. Given that we weren't excatly stuffed and didn't drink a huge amount, that strikes me as steep.

Also, it doesn't feel like a destination, an event, a special ocassion.

Recommended for a nice meal if you're feeling flush. Not necessarily recommended for a birthday treat.