Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How we all doing with this Blue Monday thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    same here, he's got 2 young (ish) kids and the youngest is becoming more and more withdrawn, horrible situation to be in, talked about it from day 1 but he now can't go to Switzerland as you have to be able to get there under your own power to be allowed to do it
    The mother of one of my daughter's school friends was diagnosed with it. She lived about 3-4 years but in the end, as it was explained to me, she had life extending drugs which she just chose not to take when life became unendurable and she then passed fairly quickly and peacefully.

Horrible to think of having to take that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    same here, he's got 2 young (ish) kids and the youngest is becoming more and more withdrawn, horrible situation to be in, talked about it from day 1 but he now can't go to Switzerland as you have to be able to get there under your own power to be allowed to do it
    Grim. Sorry to hear that.

Has to be said that I do wish we'd grow up about assisted suicide in this country. I understand the squeamishness, but this absurd situation where we effectively subcontract the service to Holland and Switzerland (thus effectively restricting it to those wealthy enough to afford it) is a patent absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The mother of one of my daughter's school friends was diagnosed with it. She lived about 3-4 years but in the end, as it was explained to me, she had life extending drugs which she just chose not to take when life became unendurable and she then passed fairly quickly and peacefully.

Horrible to think of having to take that decision.
    You die due to not being able to breathe. That's isn't 'peaceful', that's asphyxiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You die due to not being able to breathe. That's isn't 'peaceful', that's asphyxiation.
    my paternal grandmother died from ALS.

From the legs up; being compos mentis all the way through to the couldn't breathe bit and death.

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    my paternal grandmother died from ALS.

From the legs up; being compos mentis all the way through to the couldn't breathe bit and death.

That Lou Gehrig has a lot to answer for.

That Lou Gehrig has a lot to answer for.
    She died in April just before her birthday, whilst I was at St James' Park watching The Arsenal draw 0-0.

Come to think of it, I've seen The Arsenal draw 0-0 up there a few times :jonah:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

She died in April just before her birthday, whilst I was at St James' Park watching The Arsenal draw 0-0.

Come to think of it, I've seen The Arsenal draw 0-0 up there a few times :jonah:
    What year was this?

What year was this?
    I'll check. Gilberto had one cleared off the line. They hit the post.
    Those were the highlights, istr.

I appreciate I should know what year my grandmother died. I don't.

:badgrandson:

I'll check. Gilberto had one cleared off the line. They hit the post.
    Those were the highlights, istr.

I appreciate I should know what year my grandmother died. I don't.

:badgrandson:

Time flies...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6513371.stm

2011 actually.

Got 0-0s mixed up. Gervinho sent off after some Joey Barton shíthousery.