Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How we all doing with this Blue Monday thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    you lucky *******, my last parent went in 1990
    And there you go - the Yorkshireman actually does win it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My Dad's hanging in there. Thought we were going to lose him at Christmas but thankfully he's fully recovered and back playing tennis 3x a week.
    Is your dad Roger Federer - probably about the right age and would explain your attitude to him?

Althoughnice to hear he's doing better

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And there you go - the Yorkshireman actually does win it
    "Luxureh! I were orphaned two year before I were born..."

Is your dad Roger Federer - probably about the right age and would explain your attitude to him?

Althoughnice to hear he's doing better
    Is Roger Federer the most popular Swiss there's ever been? I can't think of anyone else who anyone likes as much. And I'm not counting Einstein, as he wasn't born one.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is Roger Federer the most popular Swiss there's ever been? I can't think of anyone else who anyone likes as much. And I'm not counting Einstein, as he wasn't born one.
    Granit Xhaka? Johann Djourou? Philippe Senderos? Ursula Andress? How quickly you forget.

Always had a soft spot for Rousseau, but Federer and William Tell are probably the only really famous ones... unless you are a Jung man which I suspect you are not

Mine are still going strong, touch wood, but we did lose my favourite grandmother a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    you lucky *******, my last parent went in 1990
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Mine are still going strong, touch wood, but we did lose my favourite grandmother a couple of years ago.
    Did you lose her on a mission?

Granit Xhaka? Johann Djourou? Philippe Senderos? Ursula Andress? How quickly you forget.

Always had a soft spot for Rousseau, but Federer and William Tell are probably the only really famous ones... unless you are a Jung man which I suspect you are not
    Rousseau was really not a very nice man. Jung's main claim to fame was not being as dirty-minded as Freud, but he was just as big a bullshítter if you ask me.

I used to quite fancy Martina Hingis, though.

Certainly not! We operate a strict "no granny left behind" policy anyway, especially if they're worth a few quid.

Did you lose her on a mission?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Certainly not! We operate a strict "no granny left behind" policy anyway, especially if they're worth a few quid.
    We used to have a similar mission statement on Friday nights at the Grasshopper in Westerham when I was a young man.