Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Five-fer for Maharaj. Five for...180.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    True - although Malan looks decent. De Kok - while absurdly talented - would drive me mental if he were English. Constantly giving his wicket away in increasingly stupid ways.
    Malan will do ok and, yes, should have mentioned De Kok. In fact I can't believe I left de Kok out.

Not much when compared to having Smith, Amla, Kallis et al it lacks something. Mind you, we are a long way from Strauss, Cook, Trott, Bell and Pietersen as a top five, for example

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Malan will do ok and, yes, should have mentioned De Kok. In fact I can't believe I left de Kok out.

Not much when compared to having Smith, Amla, Kallis et al it lacks something. Mind you, we are a long way from Strauss, Cook, Trott, Bell and Pietersen as a top five, for example
    Risky in these temperatures.

I'd agree on the relative weakness of both sides, but I'd say we've more reason for optimism than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Risky in these temperatures.

I'd agree on the relative weakness of both sides, but I'd say we've more reason for optimism than they do.
    definitely - much greater depth, youngsters making a difference. And not having to deal with a quota system. Bavuma will almost certainly be in for the next Test and possibly captain once Faf steps down. The whole Kolpak thing hasn't helped

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    definitely - much greater depth, youngsters making a difference. And not having to deal with a quota system. Bavuma will almost certainly be in for the next Test and possibly captain once Faf steps down. The whole Kolpak thing hasn't helped
    Yes, although Brexit may inadvertently do South African cricket a favour on Kolpak.