Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In a move that I'm sure will convince the world of their innocence, the Iranians

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh I know nothing of these matters, really, beyond often remarking how odd international aviation agreements are; they are weirdly binding and generally override minor detail such as, I don't know, wars and stuff. I was on the jump seat of an airliner over Afghanistan once, in 2002, with ****, shot and shell flying around at ground level, and there we were bimbling along conversing with Kabul air traffic control as if nothing untoward was going on. That's what makes it shocking when a country messes with the system. It's like arresting an ambassador or something.

I'm not convinced I've made myself at all clear, there.
    No, I get it, I think. It's seen as sacrosanct and too important to everyone for individual governments to fúck about with for short-term poltical reasons. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think even Ash must now accept it woz the Russians wot dun it. If he doesn't, I'm happy to point him in the direction of the exhaustive Bellingcat investigation that proves it beyond any reasonable doubt.
    That's some seriously naive African defending there, Burney. You could produce a video of Vladimir Putin pressing the button and Ash wouldn't believe it because of some excuse about the time the video was uploaded to a server or some such.

Unless of course you're trying to draw him out

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That's some seriously naive African defending there, Burney. You could produce a video of Vladimir Putin pressing the button and Ash wouldn't believe it because of some excuse about the time the video was uploaded to a server or some such.

Unless of course you're trying to draw him out
    Well the joy of the Bellingcat investigation is that it's based very much on exactly the kind of highly detailed techy evidence that would convince a.

Well the joy of the Bellingcat investigation is that it's based very much on exactly the kind of highly detailed techy evidence that would convince a.
    I don't get the Iranians trying to deny it happened. Surely the approach of 'a tragic accident has happened as a result of turning on our air defence systems against the great Satan. After our proportional response to Trump's assassination of our military general we attempted to defend ourselves from further aggression and etc etc etc' is miles better than the utterly implausible denial approach they are taking now?

Seems to me they have an awfully easy way out of this one, not sure why they don't take it.

I don't get the Iranians trying to deny it happened. Surely the approach of 'a tragic accident has happened as a result of turning on our air defence systems against the great Satan. After our proportional response to Trump's assassination of our military general we attempted to defend ourselves from further aggression and etc etc etc' is miles better than the utterly implausible denial approach they are taking now?

Seems to me they have an awfully easy way out of this one, not sure why they don't take it.
    Because they don’t have to. Who do they need to impress? Their populace is cowed and powerless and they could give a fùck what the rest of the world thinks. America’s enemies will blame America and its enemies will blame Iran regardless.

No, I get it, I think. It's seen as sacrosanct and too important to everyone for individual governments to fúck about with for short-term poltical reasons. Is that it?
    In a word, it is, yes indeed. wd b.

Because they don’t have to. Who do they need to impress? Their populace is cowed and powerless and they could give a fùck what the rest of the world thinks. America’s enemies will blame America and its enemies will blame Iran regardless.
    If that's the case why bother lying about it at all? They seem to be missing a chance to try and pin a significant portion of it on Trump which surprises me

If that's the case why bother lying about it at all? They seem to be missing a chance to try and pin a significant portion of it on Trump which surprises me
    I'd guess because the last thing they want to have to do is have their military failings exposed in detail by a proper investigation, so they'd rather just get rid of the evidence.

appear to have bulldozed the crash site.

Attachment 1149
    I don't agree with extra-judicial killing. It's what makes us better than terrorists (and Septics.)

But it is a bit cråp to threaten revenge on the great satan and then blow up a passenger jet full of your own people over your own territory.

It's almost like the Divine doesn't agree with their büm**** theology. You don't find Gandhi or Ashoka the Great shooting down passenger jets.

Only godless heathens like Iranians, Ruskies and Septics do that.

Do you remember in Gulf War 1 when the Iraqis fired some missiles at two US and one RN ship? One Septic ship fired chaff and the second one's protection system locked onto the chaff, thought it was an enemy and started shooting up the first Septic ship.

Meanwhile, the missile passed between the two of them and was shot down by a British sea-dart, being the first example of a missile taking out a missile in pwoppa warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I don't agree with extra-judicial killing. It's what makes us better than terrorists (and Septics.)

But it is a bit cråp to threaten revenge on the great satan and then blow up a passenger jet full of your own people over your own territory.

It's almost like the Divine doesn't agree with their büm**** theology. You don't find Gandhi or Ashoka the Great shooting down passenger jets.

Only godless heathens like Iranians, Ruskies and Septics do that.

Do you remember in Gulf War 1 when the Iraqis fired some missiles at two US and one RN ship? One Septic ship fired chaff and the second one's protection system locked onto the chaff, thought it was an enemy and started shooting up the first Septic ship.

Meanwhile, the missile passed between the two of them and was shot down by a British sea-dart, being the first example of a missile taking out a missile in pwoppa warfare.
    My father designed the fuses in sea-darts