Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am meeting an old chum in the west end tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was bought a lovely antique decanter for Christmas. The problem with this is that I have had to fill it with appropriately good whiskey. This, in turn, has made it necessary for me to drink said whiskey more frequently. I can't help but feel that this represents a slippery slope.
    yes - I generally like just the one to round off the evening but sometimes on a whim I can consume quite a lot. Have none in the house at the moment though. Actuallly just finished a bottle of a rather good Bavarian one - something I thought I would never say

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I have discovered the joy of alcohol free beer. Heineken Zero being my preference, I have 12 cans in my beer fridge at home.

Of course, by 'joy' I mean a decent replacement that allows me to stay off the booze Mon-Thu as is my plan. Goodmans Canary Wharf at noon time today. Lager after lager with my steak followed by a Negroni to finish - and then the weekend starts
    I'm choosing to ignore the fast half of that post. Enjoy Goodmans. We have too crates of beer in the office kitchen. I feel my working day may be over shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    yes - I generally like just the one to round off the evening but sometimes on a whim I can consume quite a lot. Have none in the house at the moment though. Actuallly just finished a bottle of a rather good Bavarian one - something I thought I would never say
    One of the other dangers is that I rather like the optics (no pun intended) of coming home from work and pouring myself a whiskey from my decanter. It makes me feel like Jerry from The Good Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He sipped lime and soda all evening, then just as we finished the meal he looked at me knowingly and said, "Five pints."

"Just saying. It's a Thursday night and you've had five pints."

My language was... choice.

ex-friend, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I shouldn't have thought so. Spirits are fairly robust.

Of course, the classic trick with a decanter is to fill it with your cooking whisky and hide the real thing. That way, you can fob importunate house guests and relatives off with the rubbish and keep the good stuff for yourself.
    you can't 'fob off' shít whisk(e)y, b.

Anyone would instantly spot a drop of Teachers or Bells rasping down their throat, shirley...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He sipped lime and soda all evening, then just as we finished the meal he looked at me knowingly and said, "Five pints."

"Just saying. It's a Thursday night and you've had five pints."

My language was... choice.
    Well at least he didn't admonish you for the ten lines of beak

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ex-friend, imo
    He is pushing his luck a bit tbh.

Anyone would instantly spot a drop of Teachers or Bells rasping down their throat, shirley...
    Some people I know would take it off a sore leg, iufg.

I'd guzzle it down and come back for more.

There's an awful lot of pretentious bóllocks spoken about spirits. Scotch, brandy and gin, when imbibed neat, taste of fúcking poison. Some are slightly less poisonous than others, is all.

I love a good single malt.

I love Teachers.

The difference is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well at least he didn't admonish you for the ten lines of beak
    I haven't had a line in 4 years, h

That's not strictly true. I had one line at a wedding last summer. But one line doesn't count.