Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am meeting an old chum in the west end tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I note with interest that Sir C has not emerged - suggesting he may have got stotious while his chum sipped sparkling water.
    He sipped lime and soda all evening, then just as we finished the meal he looked at me knowingly and said, "Five pints."

"Just saying. It's a Thursday night and you've had five pints."

My language was... choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He sipped lime and soda all evening, then just as we finished the meal he looked at me knowingly and said, "Five pints."

"Just saying. It's a Thursday night and you've had five pints."

My language was... choice.
    What's wrong with five pints over the course of an evening? Five pints is barely a drink!

What's wrong with five pints over the course of an evening? Five pints is barely a drink!
    Exactly. Especially as I have known him to easily drink twice that quantity over an evening and not consider that a particularly heavy one.

One of the words in my rant was 'smug'.

Exactly. Especially as I have known him to easily drink twice that quantity over an evening and not consider that a particularly heavy one.

Not imbibing oneself is one thing, but actually counting another chap's consumption is beyond the pale imo.

He's just thought it fit to mention that, 'it won't be a late one because I'm not drinking in January.'

What the fúck do I do with that? Am I to order 'a pint of bitter and a lemonade for my friend'?

What a waste of an evening.
    Straight to the hotel room for the homosex then an early night c

I should think so too. Mind you I was so hungover yesterday I only managed three pints and was in bed by nine Drinking whiskey on a Wednesday night is not recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I should think so too. Mind you I was so hungover yesterday I only managed three pints and was in bed by nine Drinking whiskey on a Wednesday night is not recommended
    I was bought a lovely antique decanter for Christmas. The problem with this is that I have had to fill it with appropriately good whiskey. This, in turn, has made it necessary for me to drink said whiskey more frequently. I can't help but feel that this represents a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I have discovered the joy of alcohol free beer. Heineken Zero being my preference, I have 12 cans in my beer fridge at home.

Of course, by 'joy' I mean a decent replacement that allows me to stay off the booze Mon-Thu as is my plan. Goodmans Canary Wharf at noon time today. Lager after lager with my steak followed by a Negroni to finish - and then the weekend starts

I was bought a lovely antique decanter for Christmas. The problem with this is that I have had to fill it with appropriately good whiskey. This, in turn, has made it necessary for me to drink said whiskey more frequently. I can't help but feel that this represents a slippery slope.
    If you decant whisky is there a certain time by which you should have finished it before it goes 'off'?

Actually, I'm guessing that asking you that question is particularly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If you decant whisky is there a certain time by which you should have finished it before it goes 'off'?

Actually, I'm guessing that asking you that question is particularly stupid.
    I shouldn't have thought so. Spirits are fairly robust.

Of course, the classic trick with a decanter is to fill it with your cooking whisky and hide the real thing. That way, you can fob importunate house guests and relatives off with the rubbish and keep the good stuff for yourself.