Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am meeting an old chum in the west end tonight.

I am meeting an old chum in the west end tonight.

He's just thought it fit to mention that, 'it won't be a late one because I'm not drinking in January.'

What the fúck do I do with that? Am I to order 'a pint of bitter and a lemonade for my friend'?

What a waste of an evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's just thought it fit to mention that, 'it won't be a late one because I'm not drinking in January.'

What the fúck do I do with that? Am I to order 'a pint of bitter and a lemonade for my friend'?

I have double root canal 1st thing, be rude of me not to go in stinking of alcohol

Well if you can't convince him to, you're not the man I think you are.

Seriously, though, what else is there to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well if you can't convince him to, you're not the man I think you are.

Seriously, though, what else is there to do?
    I'm guessing that he is in the market for conversation - but sparkling wit and banter does not pour forth from dry lips. One needs a little lubrication to converse with any style.

I'm guessing that he is in the market for conversation - but sparkling wit and banter does not pour forth from dry lips. One needs a little lubrication to converse with any style.
    I honestly have no idea how social interaction is even possible without alcohol. How do the Allans manage? Going out on the pull when everyone involved is stone-cold sober must be virtually impossible, surely? No wonder they have to arrange their marriages.

I honestly have no idea how social interaction is even possible without alcohol. How do the Allans manage? Going out on the pull when everyone involved is stone-cold sober must be virtually impossible, surely? No wonder they have to arrange their marriages.
    I used to think the same. Probably why I don’t/daren’t drink at all now. I miss some of the way it made me feel

I don't understand - why does the nasty man not drink because it's January. Surely January, nasty man should drink more

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't understand - why does the nasty man not drink because it's January. Surely January, nasty man should drink more
    That's right, la. This is how it works:

January: Cold + dark, so drink more
    February: See above
    March: Still miserable so you need a cheering drink, but the green shoots of Spring appear, so drink to celebrate.
    April: Still celebrating Spring, plus you can start to have the odd drink outside.
    May-September - Sping/Summer - Warm and nice. Have a lovely drink in the sunshine.
    October - Starting to get chilly - better have a drink to cheer ourselves up
    November: Cold and dark, so drink more
    December: As above + Christmas

Repeat to fade.

That's right, la. This is how it works:

January: Cold + dark, so drink more
    February: See above
    March: Still miserable so you need a cheering drink, but the green shoots of Spring appear, so drink to celebrate.
    April: Still celebrating Spring, plus you can start to have the odd drink outside.
    May-September - Sping/Summer - Warm and nice. Have a lovely drink in the sunshine.
    October - Starting to get chilly - better have a drink to cheer ourselves up
    November: Cold and dark, so drink more
    December: As above + Christmas

Repeat to fade.
    Amen to that, b

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Amen to that, b
    I note with interest that Sir C has not emerged - suggesting he may have got stotious while his chum sipped sparkling water.