Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic rule for the Royal Family: DO NOT MARRY AMERICAN DIVORCEES.

Basic rule for the Royal Family: DO NOT MARRY AMERICAN DIVORCEES.

This one was so clearly a nightmare. I hope Her Majesty kneecaps the ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One suspects they will end up disappointed, baleful and bitter, like poor old Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One suspects they will end up disappointed, baleful and bitter, like poor old Edward.
    I agree. Although I would remind you that 'poor old Edward' was a Nazi-sympathising c@nt and very probably a traitor.

I agree. Although I would remind you that 'poor old Edward' was a Nazi-sympathising c@nt and very probably a traitor.
    He always comes across as such a pathetically miserable creature though; it quite makes one pity the fellow.

Reading about British HiSo on the riviera in the '30s and post-war. The pair of them always hanging around like a bad smell, imposing themselves on (often reluctant) hosts, taking issue at the tiniest perceived slight, desperate to be the centre of attention and madly determined to hold onto the royal status and respect they were no longer due.

Ghastly people. Sad and miserable, nonetheless.

tbf he's hardly going to get promotion and she's well worth a tap

He always comes across as such a pathetically miserable creature though; it quite makes one pity the fellow.

Reading about British HiSo on the riviera in the '30s and post-war. The pair of them always hanging around like a bad smell, imposing themselves on (often reluctant) hosts, taking issue at the tiniest perceived slight, desperate to be the centre of attention and madly determined to hold onto the royal status and respect they were no longer due.

Ghastly people. Sad and miserable, nonetheless.
    Misery is the proper condition for one who shirks his Holy duty as King, I'm afraid.

Misery is the proper condition for one who shirks his Holy duty as King, I'm afraid.
    There is nothing 'holy' about the British monarchy, b. Not since the heretic Henry Vlll broke with Mother Church.

Have you read the Cazalet Chronicles, btw? The glw strong-armed me into them. They're extremely girly and rather good.

There is nothing 'holy' about the British monarchy, b. Not since the heretic Henry Vlll broke with Mother Church.

Have you read the Cazalet Chronicles, btw? The glw strong-armed me into them. They're extremely girly and rather good.
    Oooh, no. I've had a look and I'm sure they're very good if you like Daphne Du Maurier, Georgette Heyer and whatnot, but pas pour moi, Clive.

Oooh, no. I've had a look and I'm sure they're very good if you like Daphne Du Maurier, Georgette Heyer and whatnot, but pas pour moi, Clive.
    Exactly! They have that du Maurier feel about them, but also echoes of wossname, Camomile Lawn.

I listened to a Georgette Heyer on a road trip a couple of years ago. It was a rollicking good yarn! No bodices got ripped, sadly.

Exactly! They have that du Maurier feel about them, but also echoes of wossname, Camomile Lawn.

I listened to a Georgette Heyer on a road trip a couple of years ago. It was a rollicking good yarn! No bodices got ripped, sadly.
    Is she slipping hormones into your tea? Have you started growing breasts?