Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I called in a professional last year and he was rubbish.

I bought a little electric sharpener from amazon. Works extremely well although I guess it isn't doing the knives any good in the long term.
    Well those Globals are supposed only to be sharpened on one side for right-handed use and the leaflets specifically say not to use ceramic water sharpeners, which is a bit of a fúcking cheek since Global sells exactly those for use on its knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I suspect you'll transpire to be 98% pikey traveller p.
    So, Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    half way through your bone
    But a sharp knife is much less dangerous than a blunt one, h. Sharp knives bite into what you're chopping, while blunt ones slip and are thus much more likely to be a danger to digits. I can't remember the last time I cut myself while cooking.

But if you're the sort of quadraspaz wrongcock who can't use a knife without cutting yourself, there's no helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well those Globals are supposed only to be sharpened on one side for right-handed use and the leaflets specifically say not to use ceramic water sharpeners, which is a bit of a fúcking cheek since Global sells exactly those for use on its knives.
    I use a ceramic 3 stage water sharpener, does a perfectly good job. Can't be arsed with a whetstone

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Love Fjallraven, although it was a mistake buying the heavy down coat when it snowed a couple of years ago. Going for a walk in minus 2 I almost died of heat exhaustion.
    They make some quality stuff. I usually get the stuff with the teddy fleece lining. Even I sweat my *******s off with the down filled coats.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I use a ceramic 3 stage water sharpener, does a perfectly good job. Can't be arsed with a whetstone
    I've got one, but the instructions literally say not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    They make some quality stuff. I usually get the stuff with the teddy fleece lining. Even I sweat my *******s off with the down filled coats.
    How many hours of daylight are you getting at the moment, b?

So, Irish?
    See how aggressive and combative you have become? Point proven methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've got one, but the instructions literally say not to use it.
    I'm not a professional chef, the knives are more than sharp enough for me and after 7 years there is no obvious sign of damage to the blades

I'm not a professional chef, the knives are more than sharp enough for me and after 7 years there is no obvious sign of damage to the blades
    Yes, but the problem is when you get a new knife and it's precision ground to be razor sharp. It's a joy to use and it makes you realise just how blunt all your other knives are.