Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Trump even tweeted anything yet? Can one of you check please? (I refuse to

Has Trump even tweeted anything yet? Can one of you check please? (I refuse to

sully myself by signing up for Twitter).

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    sully myself by signing up for Twitter).
    He's tweeted loads. He started by just tweeting a big Stars and Stripes, then tweeted 'Iran never won a war, but never lost a negotiation!'. More recently, he's said: 'General Qassem Soleimani has killed or badly wounded thousands of Americans over an extended period of time, and was plotting to kill many more...but got caught! He was directly and indirectly responsible for the death of millions of people, including the recent large number...of PROTESTERS killed in Iran itself. While Iran will never be able to properly admit it, Soleimani was both hated and feared within the country. They are not nearly as saddened as the leaders will let the outside world believe. He should have been taken out many years ago!'

I love him, h. He's just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's tweeted loads. He started by just tweeting a big Stars and Stripes, then tweeted 'Iran never won a war, but never lost a negotiation!'. More recently, he's said: 'General Qassem Soleimani has killed or badly wounded thousands of Americans over an extended period of time, and was plotting to kill many more...but got caught! He was directly and indirectly responsible for the death of millions of people, including the recent large number...of PROTESTERS killed in Iran itself. While Iran will never be able to properly admit it, Soleimani was both hated and feared within the country. They are not nearly as saddened as the leaders will let the outside world believe. He should have been taken out many years ago!'

I love him, h. He's just brilliant.
    He is possibly brilliant in the way an idiot savant is brilliant b. He doesn't mean to be brilliant though.

I think the subtext of the strike is the demonstration that the US now has technology that leaves no hiding place for its enemies. I am technically quite savvy but the precision of this attack has surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    He is possibly brilliant in the way an idiot savant is brilliant b. He doesn't mean to be brilliant though.

I think the subtext of the strike is the demonstration that the US now has technology that leaves no hiding place for its enemies. I am technically quite savvy but the precision of this attack has surprised me.
    To be fair, it sends many messages, not the least of which is 'Chat shít, get banged'.

However, the strong suggestion that there's high-level Humint involved will have Johnny Persian chasing his tail and with any luck will lead to a certain amount of bloodletting in Tehran's corridors of power.

I am technically quite savvy but the precision of this attack has surprised me.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you felt the same way H when they introduced those air blaster thingys to unblock toilets...

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    I am technically quite savvy but the precision of this attack has surprised me.
    I'm sure you felt the same way H when they introduced those air blaster thingys to unblock toilets...[/QUOTE]

I must admit that I thought of h over Christmas, when one of my stepsons, having eaten little but meat, potatoes and chocolate for three days, deposited something of such ungodly dimensions and density in the downstairs lavatory that it blocked it instantly.

Thankfully, the thing eventually dispersed of its own accord, but it was a bad moment.

To be fair, it sends many messages, not the least of which is 'Chat shít, get banged'.

However, the strong suggestion that there's high-level Humint involved will have Johnny Persian chasing his tail and with any luck will lead to a certain amount of bloodletting in Tehran's corridors of power.
    And if Iranian backed terrorists blow themselves up in markets around Europe because of this, will you still think it was a good idea?

It's easy to support a killing right after the killing when the fallout is unclear. It satisfies a basic, savage instinct that appeals to many, certainly the people that support Trump.

This strikes me now as a very stupid thing to do, however I would like to think that the Americans have some intelligence which suggests that Iranian escalation is very unlikely.

Humint! I had to look that up b. Be good enough to restrict yourself to established english please. I suspect Humint is some kind of ghastly americanism.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And if Iranian backed terrorists blow themselves up in markets around Europe because of this, will you still think it was a good idea?

It's easy to support a killing right after the killing when the fallout is unclear. It satisfies a basic, savage instinct that appeals to many, certainly the people that support Trump.

This strikes me now as a very stupid thing to do, however I would like to think that the Americans have some intelligence which suggests that Iranian escalation is very unlikely.
    You seem to be suggesting that it's a stupid thing to do because there may be consequences, but surely at some point one must act against violence and intimidation, whatever the consequences?

One might say that it's easy to support appeasement when the bad things aren't happening in your back garden. It satisfies a basic, cowardly instinct that appeals to many, expecially the short-sighted. But at some point that tiger is going to turn and bite you anyway, so you might as well have a go at containing it if you see a possibility.

I must admit that I thought of h over Christmas, when one of my stepsons, having eaten little but meat, potatoes and chocolate for three days, deposited something of such ungodly dimensions and density in the downstairs lavatory that it blocked it instantly.

Thankfully, the thing eventually dispersed of its own accord, but it was a bad moment
    Then why on earth didn't you message me man? I would have hurtled around, broken the offending article's back in no time, shared a tumbler of your finest malt and set about your wife's fanny like the lusty old working class bull I am.