Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did everyone enjoy their turkey / beef / goose / nut cutlet, then?

Did everyone enjoy their turkey / beef / goose / nut cutlet, then?

Any cracking arguments with in-laws to share?

I became a great uncle again. Like Bulgaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Arguments were avoided by my sister being in Sussex and me being in Hertfordshire - although angry texts were exchanged.

Congrats on the newborn. To whom was this blessing accorded?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Arguments were avoided by my sister being in Sussex and me being in Hertfordshire - although angry texts were exchanged.

Oh lord, is there a grain of sand in the family oyster?

Young Mary has spawned. A male, apparently.

Ray White's goose recipe worked a treat, thanks. Breast perfectly pink, legs nice and crispy and unctuous.

Turkey is no more in the WES household on Christmas day, I think. Only downside is that the in-laws loved the goose leftovers and are now likely to show up on the day next year to eat it all. The parasites.

Oh lord, is there a grain of sand in the family oyster?

Young Mary has spawned. A male, apparently.
    We've never much liked each other, to be fair. Her late husband was a lovely man and I stayed civil with her in order to see him and the kids. However, with him gone and her having remarried, incivility has returned. There may have been one or two Brexit-related bust-ups as well, but I see them as more symptom than cause.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Ray White's goose recipe worked a treat, thanks. Breast perfectly pink, legs nice and crispy and unctuous.

Turkey is no more in the WES household on Christmas day, I think. Only downside is that the in-laws loved the goose leftovers and are now likely to show up on the day next year to eat it all. The parasites.
    Goose leftovers? I take it you must have done more than one if there were leftovers?

Much as I love a goose, it doesn't go far.

Goose leftovers? I take it you must have done more than one if there were leftovers?

Much as I love a goose, it doesn't go far.
    I had two 6kg geese and they fed 8 generously, but there wasn't a great deal in the way of leftovers.

We've never much liked each other, to be fair. Her late husband was a lovely man and I stayed civil with her in order to see him and the kids. However, with him gone and her having remarried, incivility has returned. There may have been one or two Brexit-related bust-ups as well, but I see them as more symptom than cause.
    "God gives us our relatives, thank God we can choose our friends."

Angry texts? Oh come on b, do share a couple. "Merry Xmas you revolting tory ****" - "Feck of and die you virtue signalling vacuum of a woman".

Did you have no affection for each other ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Angry texts? Oh come on b, do share a couple. "Merry Xmas you revolting tory ****" - "Feck of and die you virtue signalling vacuum of a woman".

Did you have no affection for each other ever?
    Oh, no. They weren't about politics. It was much more subtle and passive/aggressive than that.

She's eight years older than me and had left for University by the time I stopped being a little kid, so we're pretty much strangers, to be fair. And when we do meet, we invariably rub each other up the wrong way. So I figure it's easier if we just don't meet.