Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look’s like we may have secured a proper manager at last.

Look’s like we may have secured a proper manager at last.

One who, so far, can motivate players like Ozil and Xhaka to show the club may have not completely wasted their investment. Even Luiz looks decent.
    Mustafi continues to prove there are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    One who, so far, can motivate players like Ozil and Xhaka to show the club may have not completely wasted their investment. Even Luiz looks decent.
    That was excellent, last night.

Run out of steam again, as per the Chelsea game, but you can see what we are trying to do.
    A high press and trying to take the puff out of the opposition when we have the ball...

Luiz was excellent, as was Torreira. In fact they all were - although AMN gave the ball away a few times, being the only (slight) complaint.

wd MA8 and The Arsenal imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That was excellent, last night.

Run out of steam again, as per the Chelsea game, but you can see what we are trying to do.
    A high press and trying to take the puff out of the opposition when we have the ball...

Luiz was excellent, as was Torreira. In fact they all were - although AMN gave the ball away a few times, being the only (slight) complaint.

wd MA8 and The Arsenal imo
    Agreed but I would point out that we were good early in Emery's tenure as well and he seemed to have solved many of the problems we had been seeing for years before it all went wrong. I'm betting that Arteta will not lose the dressing room the way I think Emery did, however.

Outstanding performance, best we've seen in years. Ozil, Luiz, Kolasinac and especially Torreria. Only downside for me was Nelson, who was awful when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Agreed but I would point out that we were good early in Emery's tenure as well and he seemed to have solved many of the problems we had been seeing for years before it all went wrong. I'm betting that Arteta will not lose the dressing room the way I think Emery did, however.

Outstanding performance, best we've seen in years. Ozil, Luiz, Kolasinac and especially Torreria. Only downside for me was Nelson, who was awful when he came on.
    No we weren’t good early in Emery’s tenure. We had a run of results that was Liverpool like in its fortune and scored some lovely Wenger inspired goals. They soon dried up.

What Emery did have in the first few weeks was a plan to press high, which at times worked well, but he could never make consistent and a plan to play from the back that never worked well.

Emery never appeared to solve deep rooted problems and he never got performances like last night from Ozil, Aubemayang and Xhaka.

Arteta still may fail, but let’s be honest. Emery was thought to be a mistake by many from day one. It was clear he was a mistake from most others as soon as he gave up on a plan, which was about 3 months in.

Impressive that in a season and a half, Emery somehow managed to neglect to ensure that his team achieved match fitness. You'd have thought that might have been a pretty basic requirement, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Impressive that in a season and a half, Emery somehow managed to neglect to ensure that his team achieved match fitness. You'd have thought that might have been a pretty basic requirement, really.
    All part of the man’s rich legacy. Some on here were defending him a couple of months ago. How stupid do they look now?

Looking forward to seeing what Arteta can do with Martinelli, Saka, Pepe and Ceballos. We’ll need to look to the younger players fairly soon. Can’t see some of the older lads being able to sustain the intensity Arteta demands. Interesting few months ahead.

Well, Emery solved some of the problems. We were still very weak at the back and that 22 game unberaten run had alarming number of occasions where team s were getting through the middle of the team or in behind us much too easily.

At least in these 3 games, we look like a team with a defined shape and good starting positions, when we don't have the ball.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what Arteta can do with Martinelli, Saka, Pepe and Ceballos. We’ll need to look to the younger players fairly soon. Can’t see some of the older lads being able to sustain the intensity Arteta demands. Interesting few months ahead.
    I'd settle for him just getting them all on the training pitch and running them until they puke, tbh.

We need to take a leaf out of the Ron Saunders book of football management imo.

Agreed but I would point out that we were good early in Emery's tenure as well
    ffs not this again. New Manager rejuvenation effect (see Ole at United and Lampard at Chelsea) combined with a lot of luck (we were terrible in first halves and scored a lot of last gasp goals) and also the team still had the Wenger ball style in them (see Ramsey's GOTS goal - That type of goal was never repeated once things started going south)

Never once could you see an immediate footballing philosophy come into play like the almost immediate style change Arteta has implemented. Never once did I see Emery give Ozil the encouragement and love he needs to thrive that I have seen Arteta already give. In fact, the ****er just vilified Ozil and made the fans attack Ozil to mask how much of an incompetent idiot Emery was.