Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why the manager of the Arsenal

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why the manager of the Arsenal

is standing on the touch line dressed like a stay-at-home dad dropping his kids off at the school gates?

Fùckssake!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    is standing on the touch line dressed like a stay-at-home dad dropping his kids off at the school gates?

Fùckssake!
    Because some values are important and others are not. He chooses this way to dress to get the best from his team.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Because some values are important and others are not. He chooses this way to dress to get the best from his team.
    With respect, bóllocks.

How does dressing like you've run through a JD Sports naked and covered in glue help get the best from your team exactly? By showing disrespect to the Club and the office to which you've been appointed?

I was wholly prepared to be positive about Arteta, but until he mends his sartorial ways, I will be forced to reserve judgement, I'm afraid.

With respect, bóllocks.

How does dressing like you've run through a JD Sports naked and covered in glue help get the best from your team exactly? By showing disrespect to the Club and the office to which you've been appointed?

I was wholly prepared to be positive about Arteta, but until he mends his sartorial ways, I will be forced to reserve judgement, I'm afraid.
    Perhaps he should wear a zip up duvet????
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

With respect, bóllocks.

With respect, *******s; he doesn’t look like he went anywhere near JD sports.You may purchase your leisurewear there, Arteta does not.

Wearing a suit would make him look like an old fashioned authority figure. No good manager does that anymore. It’ was okay under a pensioner, not so acceptable under a 36ish year old.

I expect he will wear a suit on occasion and pull it off with aplomb. We’ve seen what being a 1970s authoritarian did for Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Perhaps he should wear a zip up duvet????
    There were few greater critics of AW's dress sense than I - his silly (albeit practical) coats and inability to tie a proper knot in his tie infuriated me for years. However, he'd never have turned up looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    With respect, *******s; he doesn’t look like he went anywhere near JD sports.You may purchase your leisurewear there, Arteta does not.

Wearing a suit would make him look like an old fashioned authority figure. No good manager does that anymore. It’ was okay under a pensioner, not so acceptable under a 36ish year old.

I expect he will wear a suit on occasion and pull it off with aplomb. We’ve seen what being a 1970s authoritarian did for Emery.
    I do not purchase 'leisurewear', thank you. I leave that sort of thing to the lower orders. And the fact that it may be possible to pay more for such absurd garments in no way validates the decision to do so.

Plimsolls! He turned up to manage the Arsenal wearing plimsolls, ffs! I don't want to have to denounce him and one must make allowances for the fact that he's a foreigner and therefore has no idea how to behave, but I must admit he's testing my patience severely.

There were few greater critics of AW's dress sense than I - his silly (albeit practical) coats and inability to tie a proper knot in his tie infuriated me for years. However, he'd never have turned up looking like that.
    Whilst I appreciate that you are taking the p1ss - I will point out a factual inaccuracy.

Wenger - on occasion - wore a track suit and trainers to a match. A quick google will show this is true.

HNY BTW - not sure about you but I'm hoping for Ian Lavery to replace Corbyn. Carnage is an insufficient word to describe what might happen internally in Labour should that occur.

Fùckssake!

He did it intentionally to give you something to moan about
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I do not purchase 'leisurewear', thank you. I leave that sort of thing to the lower orders. And the fact that it may be possible to pay more for such absurd garments in no way validates the decision to do so.

Plimsolls! He turned up to manage the Arsenal wearing plimsolls, ffs! I don't want to have to denounce him and one must make allowances for the fact that he's a foreigner and therefore has no idea how to behave, but I must admit he's testing my patience severely.
    Look at Klopp - perhaps the best manager in the league - all tracksuit bottoms and trainers. And a fúcking cap, for the love of Dennis.

Pep - chinos, jumpers, trainers.

in short, they're all at it nowadays, b. Perhaps it is time to admit we are the anachronistic ones...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”