Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: At the risk of being accused of being 'Old Skool'...

At the risk of being accused of being 'Old Skool'...

I can't help thinking a more effective response to what could only be a tiny number of idiots making monkey noises in a televised match would be for the stewards/police to dive in and pull them out. No stopping the match, no "crowd announcements", no tv commentators spending the rest of the match making it THE talking point. Giving a tiny number of people the oxygen of publicity seems likely to be entirely counter-productive. It won't appeal to their better nature, and is only likely to give a few other people the idea that they can be the stars of the show.

As I say, call me old fashioned, but it seems barking to me....

Farkin' hell yez..that's all a bit 'old skool' mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    I can't help thinking a more effective response to what could only be a tiny number of idiots making monkey noises in a televised match would be for the stewards/police to dive in and pull them out. No stopping the match, no "crowd announcements", no tv commentators spending the rest of the match making it THE talking point. Giving a tiny number of people the oxygen of publicity seems likely to be entirely counter-productive. It won't appeal to their better nature, and is only likely to give a few other people the idea that they can be the stars of the show.

. . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post

I'd say you speak a deal of sense here.

What I find most surprising is the use of monkey chants. It's 2019 for Christ's sake! Hasn't racism moved on since 1979? Got a little more sophisticated? Apparently not.

It’s all bs anyway

Arsenal fan throws banana at Gareth Bale and gets sent down for racism

Tottenham fan throws it at Aboomerang and let off the hook

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

What I find most surprising is the use of monkey chants. It's 2019 for Christ's sake! Hasn't racism moved on since 1979? Got a little more sophisticated? Apparently not.
    Isn't sophisticated racism a bit of an oxymoron, C?

Though I did like lobbing a banana at Gareth Bale. But that's not racist, is it? It's just speciesist cos he's a chimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Isn't sophisticated racism a bit of an oxymoron, C?

Though I did like lobbing a banana at Gareth Bale. But that's not racist, is it? It's just speciesist cos he's a chimp.